• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

I need some advice... from Spain

Edoujg

Hi! This is my first post in this forum, I hope not to do something wrong.

Excuse my poor English, I am still trying to improve it :eek:.

I have to start telling you that the last week we lost our loved "Queen", a tri-coloured female. She came from Ireland (Irish Kennel Club registered) and she spent more time in the vet than in our home. It was a very sad story.

We feel as our home without her is nearly "empty".

The nightmare continues now, when we have started trying to find a puppy which completes that thing that our "Queen" broughts. We are trying not to buy from a shop or a "puppyweb", we don't want to repeat that story badly choosing.

It is for this reason I am asking you some help or advice. What could we do to find a proper puppy?. We can't find a respectable breeder in this country and finding a respectable one who want to send us a puppy is a little less than impossible (and it's something that we understand, it's not so ethic).

At least we have found somebody who has gave us a little hope offering his help in our search. A kennel club member advised us to speak with "Carolus"... and we are very grateful.

To finish I will let you a picture of Queen, our loved one:

Thanks a lot and excuse me if I have posted in the wrong place.

Last edited:
Hi and welcome. I am so sorry you have lost your loved Queen and also sorry you had such a problem with a dog from this breeder. :(

I hope we might be able to help you here on the forum; I will have a think.

icon_welcomeHi and welcome, Queen was such a pretty girl so sorry for your loss
Good luck in your search for your new puppy

So sorry to hear about your beautiful 'Queen'. I am sure someone here will be able to help you. Best wishes.

Oh, I so hope you can find your perfect little one. Please just be very patient and do your research. The effort is WELL worth the wait. Good Luck..... Judy and Dixie

Queen was a lovely dog. I am so sorry for your pain and loss, but understand your need to find a good breeder to get a puppy that will hopefully have a healthier start in life. Hopefully you will be able to find an excellent breeder close to your home. Please let us know how it goes, and your English is very good! No need to apologise!

Hi and welcome, so sorry to hear about your sad news. Queen was a beautiful dog and you must be really heartbroken. Good luck with your search for a new healthy companion, and please keep us posted on your progress :flwr:

Thank you all for your help and support.

We "googled" a breeder in Barcelona but he doesn't have any puppy. A member of Kennel Club gave us a number of another one from Cantabria (north of Spain), but the same, he doesn't have anyone. I have to mention that we don't have any reference from these breeders.

Yesterday my mother phoned a well known shop and told us they can get the puppy we want in a week but... it doesn't sound well at all.

We are mailing everyone we found via internet (maybe we found somebody respectable). Then we have to study each option, I hope you can help us with this task. I am willing to flight to England as a last option because a lot of breeders ask to know the new owner.

Is it right tri-colour females are more difficult to find? It's just what we need :bang:

It seems we are doing everything we must avoid...

We will tray to be patient enough and consult everything they tell us.

Thanks for all, again (y)

I have had experience with Carolus, very up on heart testing, very sweet couple. I have PMed you. You do realise they are in the UK?

Hi Pauline!

Yes, we know they live in UK, but they have offer us their help :).

We have visited their web to know them a little.

As I wrote, I am willing to flight there to see the puppys and the owners and... everything that was needed. It would be a big adventure because I don't speak as well as I wish and... but It isn't a big problem.

Greetings ;).

I know of someone in Barcelona with a very nice Cavalier, perhaps she can help you in your quest. If you want to PM me back with your email address, I will ask her to write you.

your girl was very nice and I am sad for you.
In France we have to be careful when we buy a puppy. There are a few great serious breeders and the dogs they sell are in good health.
You mustn't buy a puppy in a petshop. You could have a dog in bad health. I don't know the Spanish breeders. Do you want to come to France ?

We have already phoned the breeder of Barcelona. It seems to be the unique one. He mention the medical proofs and shows the results in his web page. He told us that he haven't got any puppy now, and he had a waiting list.

Yes, we could go to France. We live in the Basque Country, at 15 km from the frontline.

We will continue with fresh news.

Thanks for your PM's ;).

I'm so sorry for your loss. But so glad you've found this board and seem to be getting some help. Patience is the key. And good luck....fingers crossed for you.

Hello, welcome to the forum. :)

I am so sorry to hear that you lost Queen and that she had a rough time of it. She was gorgeous.

Don't rush into anything. Though I am in Australia so can not make any useful suggestions, I have great confidence that Karlin & others on the forum will steer you in the right direction. Though I understand you would like a Tri, don't let that stop you from considering other colours as coat colour is about the least important thing in a dog. Whatever colour you get, in time you will think there is no more beautiful dog.

(y)

I've very good news!

Yesterday I mailed a very respectable breeder from France, thanks to Ulysse.

She has got puppies ready for us.

If she accept, we will have to travel 800 km's to the center of France but it is worth it. I hope she like my family, my home and our lifestyle :xfngr:.

Today, she has gave us a reason to smile :)

Thats great news for you!!!!! I hope it all works out - fingers (& toes) crossed for you!:jump:

We are waiting for pictures. If today is a sunny day at France we will have them today.

As you can imagine... we are really excited!!:jump:

We have known that this is one of the most respectable breeders from France who has got every "papers" from the grand grand grand parents (y).

Come on "Lorenzo"*, go out and stay there!!

The sun is called Lorenzo in Spain due to a famous poem.

Back