PDA

View Full Version : Dog Stroller

Halina
7th May 2008, 03:33 PM
Has anyone purchased one, have one to recommend or selling one? I started a fun job at a pet boutique and Hali can come to work with me and a stroller would make her more comfortable I think. Thanks

cy1266
7th May 2008, 04:37 PM
Hi! Lucky you that you get to take Hali to work! I don't have a stroller for my boys but I think a few people on the board do...Tia Bella's has them, check out this link:

http://www.tiabellas.com/boutique/strollers-c-30.html

Halina
7th May 2008, 07:26 PM
Life just can't get any better then taking your dog to work and Hali, fearful at first, decided at the end of the night "this is pretty cool" as we strolled out of the mall.

momay
7th May 2008, 08:50 PM
Hi!
I have the Happy Trails in Blue and Sofee Marie does great it in. But, depending on the size of your Cav, I would be careful. Sofee is 16lbs and she just barely fits in it now. It is actually more to do with her length than weight though. She wears a size 14 in coats and sweaters if that helps.
We use it on vacation in the summer when we go to Newport RI. There are a lot of places to eat out on patios, so we bring her in the stroller, much easier to control than on the leash. Also at outdoor flea markets it is great and in the mall. We tried to bring her into a warehouse store (B.J.'s), but no pet policy was upheld.
We bring her everywhere we can, and the stroller is a great resource for those iffy places.
Good luck in your new job and have fun!

Ulysse
7th May 2008, 10:15 PM
I don't have strollers but a friend of mine has got one. That's great ! She can walk in Paris with her girls without fear. They are protected in their stroller.
Personnally, I prefer my dogs to walk. But I like strollers ; they are nice and funny

Halina
8th May 2008, 01:58 PM
I'll take a look at the Happy Trails, so far I am looking at the Pet Gear AT3. Hali walks outside but it would be nice to do what momay does with hers. Thanks everyone, Debbie

Cathy T
8th May 2008, 05:04 PM
I had the Pet Gear AT3. That was a nice one, the front wheels turn nicely on that one and I think it would work well for you. I have since sold it and replaced it with a Jeep stroller. I like the Jeep stroller because the wheels are bicycle type wheels (not hard plastic) which works better for me on the rough road surfaces we sometimes go on. My guys are 21 and 24 lbs and they fit comfortably together in either stroller.

Halina
8th May 2008, 06:11 PM
Thanks for letting me know, I will look into the Jeep Stroller. Is it the Jeep Rubican? Deb

Cathy T
9th May 2008, 01:34 AM
Yes, that's the one. The only problem I have with it is that the front wheel doesn't swivel like the Pet Gear does. For just regular city strolling I'd go with the Pet Gear. I like the Jeep for trails and rough roads.

Halina
9th May 2008, 02:35 PM
Right now I am torn between the two. The AT3 I love but read comments about the wheels being a problem? I'd use this for shopping, vacations etc.. What do you think of the AT3 wheels ? the Jeep's stationary front wheel, is it harder to maneuver???????????

Cathy T
9th May 2008, 03:41 PM
Yes, the jeep is a little harder to maneuver since the front wheel doesn't swivel.

Halina
9th May 2008, 03:55 PM
Can you take dogs in public places if confined in a dog stroller? like the mall, etc... can't find anyplace that tells me yes or no. I would love to take Hali EVERYWHERE WITH ME. Help

Rosewoodsteel
13th May 2008, 06:45 PM
Can you take dogs in public places if confined in a dog stroller? like the mall, etc... can't find anyplace that tells me yes or no. I would love to take Hali EVERYWHERE WITH ME. Help

If you put her in a doggy diaper and she is restrained, how could anyone object? A friend of ours has a baby carrier for her pug. It drapes in front of her and is attached like a back pack (or front pack in this case).
When I first saw it, I couldn't help but laugh. :)
If you had something like this, most people would think you are carrying a baby.

Halina
20th May 2008, 06:50 PM
I decided on the Petzip jogging stroller and it is wonderful. Hali loves walking in the mall and going to work with me... lots of socialization and she loves going with me. She never wants to go "bye bye car" but it I say let's go to work and put out the car seat, she jumps in and is ready to go.
I think it's a good investment for a 50+ year old not such great health person. Thanks for your input. Deb:dogwlk:

momay
20th May 2008, 07:40 PM
That looks like a great one! I wish I had done more research, but we just purchased ours after borrowing a friend's. Let us know how it works out in the future.

Cathy T
20th May 2008, 11:24 PM
Glad you're both enjoying it!! I saw this one at the pet supply store the other day. I like that it has a rim around it, it looks really secure.

Ashley
21st May 2008, 09:56 AM
I dont 'get' these to be honest!! I think they are quite ridiculous! I think there must be more hype for these in America. :eek:
I enjoy actually walking my dog :dogwlk:

Sorry if I offended anyone... just my opinion! :)

jazz
21st May 2008, 12:04 PM
Ashley--they do look kind of funny but let me clarify. Most of us who have strollers don't use them in place of walking. My dogs get lots of walks and exercise in the backyard. They're used for taking our guys places where they wouldn't be allowed otherwise. Or, sometimes, we may be someplace where they're just overstimulated and need to rest, but certainly leaving them in the car is NOT an option. Lots of people chuckle, but it's actually turned out to be very practical!;) We all know how much our cavs love to be with us and strollers help make that possible.:D

momay
21st May 2008, 12:18 PM
Well said Deb! Another example is that our family does a Walk for Cancer every year in memory of my husband's father. It is 5 miles, which Sofee Marie is very capable of, but there are hundreds of other people walking too. It is very over-stimulating, so we bring the stroller and put her in it for the last half. That way we can enjoy her company and don't have to leave her at home in the crate all morning!

Ashley
21st May 2008, 02:11 PM
I dont think I'll ever be convinced to be honest... but if you guys are happy then thats nice! :)

CupofDog
21st May 2008, 05:26 PM
I have a 13 month old Cav and don't use a stroller, but a neighbor of mine has a 9 year old with pretty bad MVD and she can't get worked up, so they use the stroller so she can be with them and take long walks. It gives them lots of opportunities to do things with and include their dog, when she would otherwise need to be left alone.

Halina
22nd May 2008, 03:11 PM
The stroller is not intended to replace walking it is merely used to take Hali places she normally would not be able to go. I am able to take her to work and this way she knows if she doesn't want to be bothered she can jump into her stroller making her in charge of her time as she does when we are home. It does give me an opportunity to take her on long trips, camping, yard sales etc... She can only walk so much and I can only hold her so long so this is a great opportunity for her to learn more about the world around her. The owner of the store has one and her yorkies love it! They come in and out of it as they please, enjoying the companionship of the owner and also people visiting the shop. Hali loves the extra attention and I have all grown children so any time she can be with other ages it is great for socialazation & extra time together.:lotsaluv: