PDA

View Full Version : sickness and diarhea

rocky
11th May 2008, 10:50 AM
how long should you let sickness and diarhea go on for vegas is going on his 3 day and it does'nt seem to be getting better despite medicine on friday from the vet

ann
11th May 2008, 11:03 AM
I think you need to see the vet again straight away, 3 days is a long time .If it was me, I would contact your vet today.....I am no expert, but that is what I would do...

Caraline
11th May 2008, 11:11 AM
I would most definitely take him to the vet. Three days is far long enough.

pippa
11th May 2008, 12:47 PM
Maybe even give the vet a call.

Kristy
11th May 2008, 06:18 PM
take poor vegas to the vet ASAP!

Ashley
11th May 2008, 08:43 PM
Not much else I can add really apart from what is said above.

Keep us updated on how he gets on at the vet!:(

pippa
13th May 2008, 10:17 PM
Any word on vegas?

rocky
14th May 2008, 04:10 PM
well i have taken vegas back to the vet and they have gave him more medicine i have to take him back by friday if it has'nt cleared up has this happened to anyone else and any ideas what it could be. my sister's dog had sickness and diarhea a few weeks ago and it lasted 7 days and also her neighbours dogs aswell it will be a week on friday for vegas but i must say he has been drinking plenty and he has been eating strips of chicken which my vet reccomended it's just that sometimes he brings it up a few hours later but he should have had the goodness out of it dont you think.

rocky
16th May 2008, 04:41 PM
well i am pleased to say vegas is back to normal from yesterday thursday but he had diahrea for 6 days wow i hope that does'nt happen again in a hurry i have spent all day cleaning the house now he is finally back to normal and what an appetite he has he wants to scoff everything in site which is a lovely change as he is normally so fussy hopefully he will put the weight back in no time that he has lost i am going to leave it a few weeks before i take him back for his blood test i want him to have a little rest with things for now