PDA

View Full Version : Anyone use this harness?

Bunnylover
14th May 2008, 02:29 PM
Ruby is still pulling on her lead (mainly at the beginning of our walk in excitement!) I've tried a gentle leader as I don't want any stress on her neck but she really doesnt like it so I'm thinking of getting a harness.I've read the many posts on here and the Sense-ible one looks good but I can't source it in the UK.Has anyone used this one?
http://www.dog-games.co.uk/newshop/Harnesses+-+Fleece+Lined/ if so is it any good? what do you all think of it? Thanks for your help :p

Karlin
14th May 2008, 03:27 PM
If you want the Sense-ible, Tara (TKC on the board) stocks them at www.dogtrainingireland.ie 's shop and ships to the UK. :thmbsup: Just PM her or check out their online store.

I like that other harness too but it won't be designed to address pulling in the way the front clip harnesses will.

Bunnylover
14th May 2008, 03:32 PM
Thanks so much for reply :p I can see the logic in what you're saying will get in touch with Tara.

Dublin
14th May 2008, 03:56 PM
I have one of the fleece ones from dog-games, I bought it a crufts this year & it looks crap already! I got it for my jack russell & half her hair is stuck in it (dispite washing it) & the elastic that holds the fleese in place is starting to sag a little so the fleese bit can move & twist, also Cass almost walked out if it the other day as it wasn't quite tight enough - it had kind of slacked itself off really. I wouldn't reccomend it at all I'm afraid - Ive ordered puppia ones for the 2 of them now, just waiting on delivery!

Hope that helps.

This was taken the day after I bought it - when was still looking nice!
http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k120/Irl-golf/cassharness1.jpg

Bunnylover
14th May 2008, 09:49 PM
Thanks so much for letting me know.I always think it's better to go on peoples experiences with things and yours doesn't sound good! Cute pic though :lotsaluv:

Karlin
14th May 2008, 10:29 PM
It is really important that harnesses be fitted properly -- they should be snug, not hanging loosely on the body or around the neck. I must say most of the time I see Puppias they are probably too large -- the neck too large and harness part is quite loose and it is easy for dogs to back out of them (as any loose harness). Also with the Sense-ible and Easy Walk harnesses they need to be fitted properly. Tara actually posted a while back on another thread about how she thinks they should be adjusted for cavaliers -- maybe try searching on the Sense-ible and TKC and her post should come up. :)

Bunnylover
15th May 2008, 08:48 AM
Thanks will do that.I did a search on the harness but only 2 posts came up :confused: so will look on Tara's posts.Thanks again

Karlin
15th May 2008, 11:13 AM
Just PM Tara and she will explain. :)