PDA

View Full Version : What size Puppia for New puppy?

Mom2Lola
14th May 2008, 04:45 PM
She'll be 8 weeks old when we bring her home. What size Puppia do you think I'll need for her? I was thinking x-small. :*bay:

Elude
14th May 2008, 06:15 PM
I think she'd easily fit into a small. I was puppy sitting two cavalier puppies that were 8 weeks whose breeder had them in puppia's. They are bigger puppies for 8 weeks but no where out of range where they should be for a cavalier. They fit perfect into the smalls that they had.

Melissa
14th May 2008, 06:16 PM
Would the breeder take measurements for you to order the correct size?

Halina
14th May 2008, 07:31 PM
I would probably say a small also. An x-small may only last you a month or so and you would have to buy another. Deb

Mom2Lola
14th May 2008, 07:44 PM
I was thinking that the xsmall would fit for a little bit then I would have to get the next size up so I think I'll order small. Thanks for the input ladies!

bellacherie
15th May 2008, 04:02 AM
Yes I agree - they grow so quickly it's expensive accomodating their every stage.

Bella grew out of her small by about 4 months old and is now comfortably in medium (6.5 months old).

Dublin
15th May 2008, 11:18 AM
I ordered medium harnesses for both Sparky & Cassie, they came this morning but I think the medium will defo be too big for Sparky at the moment (he's 18 weeks old) so have re-ordered a small for him & will keep the medium for when he's a big boy!

Cavvygirl
16th May 2008, 11:41 PM
Can I ask what a puppia is?:confused:

Karlin
17th May 2008, 01:31 PM
I think an extra small is going to be way too small -- cavalier puppies are not that little. Extra small is like chihuahua puppy size.

Puppias are harnesses that we all happen to like. :)

http://www.puppiaworld.com/

They are widely available online and in many dog boutiques. I'd be cautious with the front mesh harnesses as puppies easily slip out of these.

I like these new jacket harnesses -- these are my personal favourite and very secure!

http://www.puppiaworld.com/shop/step1.php?number=617

Mom2Lola
20th May 2008, 08:42 PM
Thanks for all the input! I went ahead and ordered the puppia Karlin recommended. :*bay:I ordered a medium because I read these tend to run a little on the small side. I also bought a regular nylon harness for now untill she grows into the puppia. Boy, is this dog getting expensive! I don't even want to look at my credit card bill for all the new toys, bed, crate, collar, leash and all the other things I have bought so far!:yikes! 1 more week untill Lola comes home!!!:*nana:

Cavvygirl
22nd May 2008, 11:55 AM
Just looked at those Jacket puppias....my husband is not going to be happy his cards are going to take a battering:D

Mom2Lola
22nd May 2008, 03:39 PM
Just looked at those Jacket puppias....my husband is not going to be happy his cards are going to take a battering:D

LOL, my husband has yet to see our monthly statement! icon_whistling I have a feeling he won't be too happy!:swear: LOL I've just been shopping up a storm for this new dog!