• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Shine spray?

ann

I know there is a spray to make the coat shine, but I have forgotton what it is called, and where to buy it ??:xfngr:

If you feed fishskins, you will get a naturally shiny coat, because of th oil content, and clean teeth as a bonus, though the latter is why I use them.

I owuld be more inclined to go for the fish oils too - I bought a shine spray a good while back as Millie's coat has no shine, but it didnt work and only seem to annoy her when I sprayed it on her.

It is a spray for black and tan, isn't it ? Do you use it for the other colours ? I don't have one, but I know it exists...

no it's not specifically for any colour of dog - just for all dogs in general. I think it was called Velvet Coat, but I cant remember who made it. Honestly though, it made very little difference to the appearance of her coat. Maybe there is another spray that is breed/colour specific, but I have never heard of it.
Babrbara, can you advise where you can buy Fishkins? I have done a few searches online and cant seem to find it. Thanks

Fish4Dogs. This is their site, which now gives lists of suppliers in countries outside UK. I just ordered 3.8kg of squares and cubes, so get the same weight of sea biscuits free. I also ordered four packets of the star treats as they are very popular and very tiny.

If you can buy in bulk, the website is cheaper, but , if not, Pets at Home stock the jerky. A 1.9kg box lasts my threee for about a month.

www.fish4dogs.com

Thanks for that info Barbara ;) It would be nice to see a bit of shine on Millie's coat. Chloe's is very sleek and glossy, but maybe thats just in her genetics.

I don't know about cod liver oil doses, but before fish skins, i used Vitapet oil, which is sold under another name outside the UK, but is produced by Seven Seas Oils. and gave a couple of teaspoons a day.

I have been out of skins for a few weeks (waiting for a special offer) and Monty's coat is certainly not a s shiney as it was. Even Joly gets a gloss and he's mainly white.

Last edited:
This sounds like a silly question, but do your dogs get fishy breath from the skins?:eek: I can just imagine Dottie planting her fishy kisses of love all over me and our house guests.:grnyuk:

Back