PDA

View Full Version : Joint Supplements?

Moviedust
16th May 2008, 01:32 AM
Aside from Glucosamine and condroitin (spelling?), are there any other joint supplements that you've used? Cedar has weak knees, right now just level 1 luxation, but I know she could have problems as she ages. She's not currently on any supplements, so I thought it was time to start. I'd like to know what others have successfully used.

MishathePooh
16th May 2008, 02:15 AM
Fish body oil - look into sardine oil and krill oil if you can afford it. These are for omega 3's that reduce inflammation.

Vitamin E - good antioxidant, should be used with the fish oil

For pain - Duralactin and Vitamin C (anecdotally)

Moviedust
16th May 2008, 02:45 AM
I seem to recall members posting about fish oil that comes in a pump bottle. The oil would be squirted onto the dog's kibble. Does anyone know what brand this product is?

Mom2Lola
16th May 2008, 03:02 AM
I started using Halo Dream Coat Oil. My Chi Paco is having some skin issues and I thought it may help. It's only been a week so far so we'll see if it does anything to help him. I also use it in my 2 cats food too.

Cathy T
16th May 2008, 03:51 AM
I use either Grizzly or Kronch salmon oil.

We had a holistic vet speak at our club last night and she talked about the use of acupuncture and manual manipulations for patellar luxation. Shelby has had the surgery twice and, three years later, we've found it didn't hold. She had some interesting information and we may look into it.