• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

interesting vet paper on dangerous foods

Karlin, this is an excellent article, and thank you for posting this. I had always heard that grapes, raisins and onions weren't good for dogs and could cause problems, but I had NO IDEA that ingestion could cause renal failure and death if not treated promptly and correctly.:eek: I have printed several copies to give to my other friends who have dogs. This could save lives!

I never understood the problems with things like onions so found this helpful as it is a survey of other literature analyzed by a vet.

One thing that never ceases to amaze me is that people will be so concerned about what dog food to buy because of the addition of grain, preservatives, colouring or what have you -- yet will give their dog 'a bit of chocolate because he likes it' and add 'what harm is there'. :eek: I am not sure what part of 'toxic' people don't understand or why there's this temptation to prove that while a substance may be deadly it doesn't matter if they give just a little bit or doesn't bother THEIR dog :( ... and why encourage a desire for substances that in any quantity, could kill the pet. There are so many great, healthy treats!!

People with kids need to be really careful about raisins I think, as so many small kids are given them as snacks and they tend to drop them as they eat them, and we all know how quickly dogs figure out that toddlers are a great source of cast-off food. (y)

Back