• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

They're gone.

Moviedust

My three girls have been shipped off to my parents for the duration of our trip to the UK. My whole family was here today to celebrate my younger brother's graduation from the university, and then when they left my parents took the girls with them.

I had carefully packed their bag and prepared their kennel and xpen. They had treats, toys, food, snoods, medical info, vet info, and several pages of typed instructions. :oops: My family teased me about the instructions. Oh-well. My mother did read over everything before they left, so at least she looked it over.

It was really hard to put their carseats in my folks' car, and then get the girls situated. I didn't want to cry in front over everyone. The dogs were excited, of course. They love car rides, so they were happy to be in their seats, ready to go. Even though I knew they'd be fine and they'd be very happy with all the extra company at my parents (my brother's family is visiting this weekend), watching Holly's little face look at us out the window as they pulled away was heart breaking. :cry: I must have cried off and on for a good ten minutes after everyone was gone.

My mom called later to say that they arrived home safely (an hour's drive), and that the girls had gone potty and greeted their dog, Faith, quite happily. My niece was making plans to have all three dogs sleep with her tonight, so they'll be excited to sleep in a big bed with a person.

Even though I'm only going to be gone for 10 days, my heart is still heavy with missing my girls. It's crazy!! They won't even realize we aren't there, I'm sure. They will be spoiled silly by my parents and youngest brother, and we are going on a great trip. I should not be so upset, but I am. I hope that when we finally start the trip in the morning the blues will fade as the excitement grows. Until then, it's going to be a long, quiet night without any dogs snoring in the corner.

I know exactly how you are feeling.We left Ruby for the first time in April for our trip to America and it nearly killed me! I left pages of notes for the dogsitter! Then we were delayed home as my daughter was taken into hospital,I didn't think I'd ever get home to my baby.She was fine and had been well looked after.Enjoy your trip.Where are you visiting?

It is always strange when the dogs are gone -- I often have to drop them to boarding the night before I go somewhere. That said, I quickly enjoy sprawling and being able to have *a whole bed to myself* instead of sleeping in a straitjacket made of little dog bodies making it hard to even roll over. :cool: I am sure you will really enjoy yourself especially once on the move. You will be just over the water from me! We will be waving at you from Dublin. :razz:

i'm like that when we go on holiday i usually keep myself busy by tidying everywhere!!
and hoovering up all the dog hairs so i can come back to a clean house lol

Just think of them going on a 'grand adventure'. This is their vacation from everyday. If nothing else, they may appreciate you more when you get back. I am sure that they are in good hands and they will get to experience new stuff. Hope you have a great trip. Have fun!!

Back