PDA

View Full Version : REUNITED w/OWNER: URGENT/pts risk: F oldie abandoned in Cork

Karlin
20th May 2008, 08:56 PM
She seems to have been someones pet as she is house trained and they think maybe she belonged to someone who died and the family have chucked the poor thing out onto the street. They have put posters up and contacted all authorities but no one has come forward. She is in foster at the moment but the women cannot keep her too much longer. They reackon she could be about 10 years old and they think she could still have a few more years of a happy life somewhere.

God love her. Please contact me if you are interested in this little one. She has one possibility I am working on but that may not work out. This could be a much younger dog as well, matted dirty dogs have a way of appearing much older than they are (eg my Lily who was listed as 'elderly' and turned out to be about a year old... :rolleyes:and a few more I have had in that were actually just around 5 or 6).

jcj528
20th May 2008, 09:23 PM
If I were eligible over here in Miami, I would give her a home in a heart beat. Don't just want to kick people sometimes!!! GEES - and I thought that kind of senseless cruelty only happened over here.

Karlin
21st May 2008, 10:16 AM
This dog is at risk of being pts. Foster in Cork (via another rescue, this is not one of my dogs) will only keep a few more days. I either need a (potentially long term) foster, a home, or fingers crossed this other option might work out. This is urgent. I am trying to find out if they have had a vet check this dog at all.

Ashley
21st May 2008, 10:18 AM
Oh no I hope you find someone soon! This is just horrible!!!!
I need to stop looking in your posts when I know fine well that I cant help!

sins
21st May 2008, 10:28 AM
Hi Karlin,
I can take her from next Monday for a few weeks as a temporary foster.
Liam's communion is on Saturday and after that we can hold her until last week of June(Hols then)
Sins

Karlin
21st May 2008, 10:48 AM
:rah:

Just PMd you -- I am hoping to work with a rescue down there on this one and hoping she might have a place to go at the end of the month so will check back with you once I know what is happening. The rescue there often has homes for oldies but am just waiting to liaise with her.

sins
21st May 2008, 10:57 AM
Well no matter what, we can't let anything happen to her. Technically Sunday night is ok for me to take her.After that we can be flexible.
Sins

Karlin
21st May 2008, 11:16 AM
Thanks so much for offering her a lifeline; she may possibly have a long term foster with a Kerry rescue as well -- waiting on others to make some calls so we can see if she has the possibility of a home or not. If she might have the home then I'll send her to you on short term; otherwise she will go the the Kingdom and potter about with a household full of oldies. :)

Noelle
21st May 2008, 11:34 AM
Hi Karlin,

My husband and I can also offer a foster home,we have a six month old CKCS puppy already.We are on holidays from Friday but can take her from 3rd June if she still needs a home.:thmbsup:

ruby2
21st May 2008, 11:41 AM
Karlin. I could also offer a foster home for the dog. Ruby is 6 months old. And if the older dog is not aggressive obviously towards children, then i could defo offer her a foster home for a while. Dont let her die anyway. I have a five year old and an eight year old (children i mean). My mother has an eight year old king charles and she is very very quiet. And i am at home every day.:) as in i mean i would be here all the time to take care of her.

ruby 2

Karlin
26th May 2008, 09:47 PM
This girl has a home now, but needs foster for between 4-14 days. Sins have just PMd you. :) Thanks for the many offers to keep her safe!

Karlin
27th May 2008, 10:16 PM
Reunited with owner! :)

coconut
27th May 2008, 10:19 PM
thats brilliant karlin

Dublin
28th May 2008, 10:33 AM
Thats great news