PDA

View Full Version : Brushes/Combs

Cavvygirl
22nd May 2008, 11:52 AM
We currently use a slicker brush and a comb to groom the boys but I wondered if there was something else we could use that would be better?

I tend to comb everywhere first then use the slicker to give that lovely fluffy look but I think that with Ashtons coat being so long and quite thick perhaps there is another brush that would work better? Something that would get to the underneath of his coat would be great....any suggestions?

Also any suggestions on lovely smelling shampoos and a leave in conditioner to prevent tangles and smell lovely?:)

cosmic81
22nd May 2008, 12:44 PM
i love furmanator.
shampoo...Kiehl's has one that is really nice! except they are not cheap.
but they smell good and the conditioner work really well!

Me: i went to kiehl's today
bf: what do you buy?
Me: this & that..AND doggie shampoo/ conditioner.
bf: ha ha ha
Me: no i am serious. they have stuff for dogs.
*showing bf the bottle
bf: * not laughing anymore.
" these are shampoo are much expensive than mine!"

Cavvygirl
22nd May 2008, 03:06 PM
I noticed on my last trip to the UK that Paul Mitchell do dog shampoos in pets at home £11 per bottle!!!:eek:

Mom2Lola
22nd May 2008, 03:44 PM
I really like this shampoo and conditioner.
http://www.drugstore.com/products/prod.asp?pid=70982&catid=43119

I use them on my chi, Paco and they leave him fur soft and smelling great! I like the fact that it is natural too.

Cavvygirl
22nd May 2008, 03:59 PM
Does anyone know if you can use human products on dogs?

Nicki
22nd May 2008, 04:56 PM
No the pH in human products is not right for dog coats, they are too drying. The only exception is possibly using baby shampoo for the face, so that it doesn't sting if it goes in their eyes.

Use a good quality dog shampoo - the groomers range are very nice and not too expensive.

Cavvygirl
22nd May 2008, 05:28 PM
Thanks for that Pauline;)
We have used one from the vets (can't remember what it is called), the one from pets at home the one from the Shaw range and from groomers (I think) but nothing gets them as fresh and soft as when they are at the groomers:rolleyes:
Do you wash their face?
They still seem to have that doggie smell when they have been washed.....
How often do you wash your dogs?