• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Brushes..........

Dublin

.............. What kind of brushes does everyone use on their Cavs?

I allways used slicker brushes on Leo but Sparky seems to hate that brush for some reason, he'll let me use the comb but trys to bite the slicker brush.:eek:

Im the same.My cav Lucie hates the slicker brush....and its the soft pin one too! So i use a comb...which doesnt really do much.
Am thinking of the furminator?? possibly trying that as my dog sheds like mad.....one word....TUMBLEWEED:eek::eek:! Drives me insane.
Will be interested to see what brush/es every1 use on there dogs.
leesa....and of course the hairy Lucie!

I use the 7 1/2" fine/medium stainless steel greyhound comb and finish with the Mason Pearson bristle & nylon pocket brush. I groom my girl daily and rarely have to deal with mats. I am sure when her adult coat comes in it will be more of a challenge, but so far so good.:xfngr:

Dottie loves her grooming sessions because they bring attention and magic yummy treats from my pockets. She is always ready for anything that will produce a bit of "cookie." :D

I use the doublesided pin/bristle brush and a comb for ears...mine hate the slicker brush..Gus will attack it!

I now use the slicker brush to get the hairs out of the bristle brush!

I use a soft bristle brush and a comb with rotating teeth, mine hate the slicker too but Ralph's coat looks like it will be heavy so I think he will need it eventually

We have one of the combo brushes - a slicker one side and soft bristle on the other....

Anyone ever try a furminator on their pups? Penny is shedding like CRAZY!

Back