PDA

View Full Version : Brushes..........

Dublin
22nd May 2008, 02:38 PM
.............. What kind of brushes does everyone use on their Cavs?

I allways used slicker brushes on Leo but Sparky seems to hate that brush for some reason, he'll let me use the comb but trys to bite the slicker brush.:eek:

leesanlucie
22nd May 2008, 05:49 PM
Im the same.My cav Lucie hates the slicker brush....and its the soft pin one too! So i use a comb...which doesnt really do much.
Am thinking of the furminator?? possibly trying that as my dog sheds like mad.....one word....TUMBLEWEED:eek::eek:! Drives me insane.
Will be interested to see what brush/es every1 use on there dogs.
leesa....and of course the hairy Lucie!

hbmama
22nd May 2008, 11:09 PM
I use the 7 1/2" fine/medium stainless steel greyhound comb and finish with the Mason Pearson bristle & nylon pocket brush. I groom my girl daily and rarely have to deal with mats. I am sure when her adult coat comes in it will be more of a challenge, but so far so good.:xfngr:

Dottie loves her grooming sessions because they bring attention and magic yummy treats from my pockets. She is always ready for anything that will produce a bit of "cookie." :D

pippa
22nd May 2008, 11:40 PM
I use the doublesided pin/bristle brush and a comb for ears...mine hate the slicker brush..Gus will attack it!

I now use the slicker brush to get the hairs out of the bristle brush!

niki
23rd May 2008, 03:58 PM
I use a soft bristle brush and a comb with rotating teeth, mine hate the slicker too but Ralph's coat looks like it will be heavy so I think he will need it eventually

PennyLane
23rd May 2008, 09:39 PM
We have one of the combo brushes - a slicker one side and soft bristle on the other....

Anyone ever try a furminator on their pups? Penny is shedding like CRAZY!