• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Murphy in his new home...

Ashley

Some pics of Murph for those who haven't met him yet!... (Had to use my phone as my camera is DEAD :eek:... its ok though... birthday next month! ;))

Murphy watching Holly...
DSC00130.jpg

Holly watching Murph...
DSC00132.jpg

Muuum... is he REALLY staying??
DSC00133.jpg

Huumph
DSC00134.jpg

Sleepy time... just back from the Glen today
DSC00135.jpg

Did you say liver cake... liver... caaake?... MMMMMmmm... I like it!
DSC00127.jpg

Pretty well so far. Him and Holly dont really bother much with each other. They are still very much getting used to one another. Afterall, its barely been 24 hours. He's an independant little chap, but still follows me everywhere.

He ADORES my other half, and my OH ADORES him!
Think Holly is just a bit worried that it means less cuddles for her... but of course it doesnt! Ive got enough love to share round haha!

What Murphy needs more than cuddles etc just now is stability, boundaries and a leader. He's very obedient so far which is great.

Im looking forward to progressing with him! :)

Ashley, it sounds like he's settling in well. The photos are wonderful. I'm so glad that someone from the board adopted him and we can continue to follow his story. Looking forward to hearing how it goes. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks so much for sharing the photos. He is gorgeous but has the glint of mischief in his eye., to me the perfect Cavalier! Best of luck integrating him into your home and ask for help when/if you need it.

What Murphy needs more than cuddles etc just now is stability, boundaries and a leader. He's very obedient so far which is great.

Sound good to me. They say a dog with a leader is less stressed. What's he like on a lead? I think the disinterest from Holly may not be a bad thing, better than some obvious objections. I must admit, I did rather have a soft spot for Murphy after seeing the pic of him leaping through the air!

Sound good to me. They say a dog with a leader is less stressed. What's he like on a lead? I think the disinterest from Holly may not be a bad thing, better than some obvious objections. I must admit, I did rather have a soft spot for Murphy after seeing the pic of him leaping through the air!

He's pretty good on a lead... only pulls to get to somewhere he wants to mark... but I refuse to stop for that. He's catching on very fast! ;)
Whilst at the park I had Holly off lead and him on! My my... she was being very cocky... if she could speak im almost certain she would have said something along the lines of..

"na na na-na naaaa... im not on a lead... and im younger than yoooouu" :eek:

So I let the lead go but kept it attached to him and they just bounded about. When I called them back they both came bounding through the grass :D
Holly stops in front of me and sits when she gets to me... and seeing that this got her a treat and a rub behind the ears... he plonked his wee fluffly bottom on the ground too for the same :luv:

I'll be keeping you all posted... dont you worry! ;)

And thanks for the support everyone, I really appreciate it! :lotsaluv:

Oh it's wonderful to see and hear how well Murphy is settling in. It sounds like you have a good take on the situation, and that Murphy is catching on fast. He's a very bright dog and should progress well with training.

I'm sure he and Holly will take to each other, sometimes it just takes a while.

Thanks so much for these pics and keeping us up to date on his adventures. I love Murphy so much and am so happy to see his handsome face again. (Shedding a little tear here|)

You are both so great to give Murphy a chance to prove what a great doggie he can be (and Holly of course)!

Back