View Full Version : eating snails
25th May 2008, 07:30 PM
i've noticed charlie is eating snails and slugs :yuk: whenever he is in the garden. Is this alright as he got very sick yesterday and in it i could see some grass and wot looked like shell?
26th May 2008, 04:26 AM
There was another post on this a few days ago. You need to be wary of garden snails because some people put poisonous snail bait out this time of year. If the snail has ingested the bait and the dog eats the snail, it can be fatal, or at the very least make your dog very ill.
Garden snails also host a variety of nasty parasites such as roundworm and lungworm. Please try to be vigilant in picking and tossing them and if you must use snail bait, only use the kind that is labled safe for pets and wildlife. :thmbsup:
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.1 Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.