PDA

View Full Version : FurBuster from Bamboo

leesanlucie
25th May 2008, 11:41 PM
Hey
Anyone tried the furbuster from bamboo.
Looks very similar to the furminator brush.
Wondered if these type of deshedding tools r ok for ur cavaliers coat?
My dog sheds sooo soooo much!
Lees. X

Brian M
26th May 2008, 09:11 PM
Hi

I bought one on Saturday and a spare blade from PAH , with having three girls the amount of hair shedding is a lot just now ,maybe some of our more experienced cav owners will advise if they shed at certain times IE winter coat ,or is it random or is it just always through the year or once or twice .Only tried the Furbuster quickly on Saturday and it certainly works but never having had a Furminator by name i presume it does the same job.:thmbsup:

Ashley
26th May 2008, 09:59 PM
I use a furminator, and wouldnt be without it to be honest! My Holly sheds something terrible... so we use this on her. I could make another Holly with the amount of dead hair it removes. Furminators are a bit pricey though here in the UK, so if you can find a similar alternative I'd definitely say give it a go! :)

Cavvygirl
27th May 2008, 11:42 AM
Can I be nosey and ask what sort of price they are and where you would get one from? (furminator)

niki
27th May 2008, 11:44 AM
Can I ask a dumb question - how do they work? do they strip/trim the coat?

Don't need it for Suki but Ralph is certainly becoming a hairy little bear :razz:

Brian M
27th May 2008, 12:03 PM
Hi
The one i got on Saturday with an extra spare blade was £25 ,i think it was £18 for the Furbuster and £7 for the extra blade.I am sure they are cheaper on ebay.

Halina
27th May 2008, 02:38 PM
I was told by a professional groomer that the furminator is the BEST! I love mine and can't imagine not owning one. I live in the states and bought mine at Target for $19.99. Hebbie

Cavvygirl
27th May 2008, 05:37 PM
What do they do?

Do they thin the coat out?

:)

PennyLane
27th May 2008, 09:55 PM
No, they just get rid of all that dead undercoat that the dog is shedding out anyway!!!

Go to youtube and search for Furminator - the videos of this thing are incredible! It's on my list to get this week!

niki
28th May 2008, 11:30 AM
Wow just looked at the videos - it looks fabulous,

what size do you get - i small ok???

Sue.k
28th May 2008, 03:01 PM
Just had a look at these, there only seems to be 1 supplier in Ireland and they are 39.99 plus shipping which is 12.90!

Cavvygirl
28th May 2008, 04:59 PM
Wow they look fantastic!!!

Is it a small or medium for cavaliers do you think?:confused: