• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Amber is getting......

CavyMom

A new baby sibling!!!!!! I've been dying to share this news, but didn't want to jinx myself until the litter was born and I knew that I was actually going to be getting one!!!! The breeder is a very dear friend of mine that I've known for years - She has 2 cavs herself, and she knew I'd been thinking of getting another cav before I got Brandy. She told me she was planning on breeding her female, Calipso, but when Brandy entered my life, I told her I had to focus on Brandy, and give her the best life possible until she passed away. I never even thought about it again since Brandy passed away until I got a call from her about 6 weeks ago, telling me Calipso was pregnant, and she wanted to know if I was possibly interested in co-owning a puppy with her, since where she lives 2 is the limit, and she wanted someone she could trust to care for the puppy she planned to keep. Initially I said no, but the more I thought about it, I decided to change my mind, called her back, and told her I'd be happy to take the puppy. Then it became a waiting game, as she owed pick puppy back to the lady she got her female from, and the 2nd pick to the owner of the stud she used - So we kept our fingers crossed for at least 3 puppies, and I was hoping for a tri-color. Well, it appears I got my wish - A litter of 5 beautiful, healthy babies was born to Calipso yesterday morning, 2 tri girls, 2 tri boys, and a blenheim boy! I'm figuring I'll probably be taking one of the tri boys, but it doesn't really matter to me much, I'm just glad that Amber will be getting a new little one to take care of - She likes my Italians, but she LOVES other cavaliers, it makes me sad whenever we go visit her cavalier friends, she never wants to leave, and she gets so excited to see another cavalier, I can't wait for these puppies to grow up so I can bring the new family member home!!!! I'll post pictures of the puppies as soon as they're available.

Thanks, I'm still a bit shocked by how quick I've made this decision myself! My friend is probably more excited then I am at this point to be honest LOL She'd been trying to talk me into a cavalier for a couple of years before I got Amber. Now that I have Amber, the longer I have her, the clearer it is she needs another cav to keep her company. I've found a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel club in the area I just moved to that I'm planning on joining, and I'm finding the breed more and more addicting all the time! I'm also have a contact now in Cavalier rescue for the area, and am heavily considering becoming a cavalier foster mom! It'll be nice to be involved in cavalier rescue a different way then I am in IGs - Eventually I wouldn't mind being put in a position of more authority, but being just a foster mom and being able to help out rescue cavaliers that way instead of being the one on the front line has alot of apeal, I gave up IG rescue shortly before I moved, I was just burning out, there's only so much one person can do!! Being a foster mom I'll still feel like I'm making a difference, as being head of rescue I know how hard to find good foster homes is, yet not have to worry about the legalities and stress of actually running the rescue!

:rah:Oh I am soooo excited for you!!! Sometimes the best things happen quickly and unexpectantly. Sounds like it was all meant to be! Keep us posted and will be looking forward to some pictures. :p

Very true!!! My friend is thrilled that she "converted" me to cavaliers LOL I guess I shouldn't break her heart by telling her I was in love with Amber LONG before she "converted" me LOL I am really looking foward to adding a 2nd cavalier to the family, though!!!!

I have to tell you that one of our neighbors has a very sweet IG boy that Dottie just LOVES. We do playday at each others homes a few times a week. This is the only IG that I have really gotten to know and if all of them are as sweet, fun and loving as he is, I can understand why you love them too!

The only problem they have had is that he is a jumper and when they were on a cruise last year, our other neighbor who was babysitting was horrified when he jumped up on a table and then down to the tile floor and broke his little front leg! They had it pinned and braced and now you wouldn't even know it was ever broken, but the vet said that their legs are fragile and vulnerable to injury. Still they have so much fun racing around the yard playing keep away with their toys. You will have so much fun having another Cavalier in that mix. Whee!! :razz:

Ya, it will! I love my Italian Greyhounds, and will always have at least 2 of them in my life (iggies are snobs - They like other dogs, but they much prefer the company of their own kind LOL), but the senario you painted is all to common! They think they're invisable, and all to often they go flying and end up breaking a leg, sadly, it's a common reason for them to end up in rescue :( I do my best to keep my IGs antics under control, but I only wish I could say they'd never been up on the table, or on the counters, or.......well, you get the idea ROFL IGs think they can fly - And they pretty much can, it's amazing how high they can jump when they want to!!! The more sedate personality of cavaliers is sure appealing after trying to keep IGs in control all day LOL But they're so much fun, I just can't resist them!

Back