• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

What does your Cav weigh?

PennyLane

I get a lot of comments around here that Penny is "big" for a Cavalier. I would say she is on the larger end, but definitely not outside of what is acceptable for the breed! I am guessing she weighs right at 16 pounds. I need to weigh her tonite, I'm curious now! :)

Chesney may be a bit smaller - he has smaller genetics on his side. His mum weighs a hefty 12 pounds. :cool:

We were just at the vet's yesterday. Mika is now 16 months old and weights exactly 14 lb. The vet says she is in great shape. She seems like a fairly fine boned girl to me.

Linda

Dottie is 10 months old and she weighs in at 15.1 lbs. She looks just about right for her bone structure.

We started a group training class last night and there was a cute little ruby there also who was about 2 1/2years old, and a recently adopted rescue. She was a petite 10lbs. Dottie looked like a moose next to her.:rolleyes:

I get a lot of comments around here that Penny is "big" for a Cavalier. I would say she is on the larger end, but definitely not outside of what is acceptable for the breed! I am guessing she weighs right at 16 pounds. I need to weigh her tonite, I'm curious now! :)

Chesney may be a bit smaller - he has smaller genetics on his side. His mum weighs a hefty 12 pounds. :cool:

Ha. I've got a 12 pounder and a 24 pounder. Yep, the big one is a little greedy, but she'd still be about 20 pounds if she was what she should be.

Mine is 10 months and weighing in at 16 lbs. She is very lean and looks great...but might be a little longer than standard.

Mine is 10 months and weighing in at 16 lbs. She is very lean and looks great...but might be a little longer than standard.

Yes, this is kind of how Penny is built. She is very "tall" and lanky! I wonder if it's an American Cav trait. :cool:;)

Funny this topic's up here this morning as I was in the park last night & an elderley man came up to see Sparks & asked how old he was, I told him he's 20 weeks & he said that he used to have Cavs & he thinks SParks is very small for his age. I had him weighed at the vets last week & he was 4.05kg (I don't know what that is in pounds though sorry.

Millie who's almost 3 weighs 7.5 kilo's, and Chloe who's almost one weighs just 5.5 kilo's. She is a really tiny build and is a totally different build to Millie. Im told she wont grow any taller but might just fill out a little. The vet is happy with Millie's weight and just says that we need to maintain it as it is.

Hi
Of my three Poppy is by far the larger in size with the result that she is far heavier than the other two.

Poppy Tri 13.5 kg (29 lbs)

Daisy Blen 7.2 kg (16 lbs)

Rosie Ruby 7. 2 kg (16 lbs)

Needless to say Poppy especially is on a strict calorie controlled diet and has been for two months slowly losing weight .

Ashton is 8kg but I would say he was on the slender side so I would say that it really depends on what build your dog is. :)

i have no idea either....
my nemo is 10.7 pd at 6 month
is that on the smaller side? or just normal?

Funny this topic's up here this morning as I was in the park last night & an elderley man came up to see Sparks & asked how old he was, I told him he's 20 weeks & he said that he used to have Cavs & he thinks SParks is very small for his age. I had him weighed at the vets last week & he was 4.05kg (I don't know what that is in pounds though sorry.

Ruby is around the same. She was weighed before her spay is is 4.95kg...

she is six months.

im like you....what is that in pounds??????????????:confused:

im like you....what is that in pounds??????????????:confused:

I know theres 14 pounds in a stone - but thats about it!!:confused:

Oh thanx Zippy - I must write that down somewhere before I forget!

Last edited:
LOL - I should have had my husband convert for me. He's from the UK. ;) I'm a yank, however. I measure in inches and I weigh in pounds! LOL!!!

Back