• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

kinda cute

chloe'sdee

Our entire yard is a work in progress at the moment
LOTS of work and we do it ourselves, so it takes a while.
My husband is in the process of finishing our driveway, he
did it all himself, I moved a few brick for him here and there
but that's the extent of my ability to help with this project.
Anyway here is what Chloe thinks, because of course she
wants to help too....
Here's how far we got.
2538839574_bc4c27cf93_b.jpg

Please don't mind the mess
2538833582_87a2568673_b.jpg

This is the top where my husband was last night
2538014611_1a3e07a42a_b.jpg

And this is Chloe's point of view....
she does like to "help" with everything;)
2538834464_e2447bf904_b.jpg

2538015471_38b3884143_b.jpg

Everyone's yards are so beautiful on this board,
someday I hope ours will be too. We are trying our
best.

Your husband is doing a brilliant job..My husband could'nt do any of that kind of work. As we say he is a collar and tie man ,and cant do any manual work as such, as in he is strong and everything thank god but would not have the skill as such. I do all the drilling of holes etc here and all the painting etc. Im more like a man than he is. My brother will do anything for me, as in tiling, decking, anything he can do because my dad trained him, and me i suppose really. You wouldnt think to look at me i could do much at 5 ft 3 inch and 8 stone.....

Your drive will be lovely. Think of all the people have to pay through the nose to get a stranger to do it for them,,,,......:):)

Beautiful driveway! We had pavers put in professionally in the backyard area and paid a fortune to have it done. My hubby is the best, but he does not have a clue how to do that type of work. You are very fortunate that he is able to do it and do it well. I am sure that he could never have accomplished all of this without the help of little Chloe though. :)

Thank You all so much for the replies.
I wasn't sure how my DH would react to me putting
up pics of him working.( i didn't tell him;) ) But you guys patted him on the back
for me, and it made him happy for the encouragement. He
feels like all he's been doing is working. So it was so nice
for the compliments. He's been a laborer for a brick outfit for
many years, here are the benefits of experience with working in
construction.

Your driveway is gorgeous. Your husband is doing a beautiful job. I love the pictures with your daughter in the shot too. Chloe looks very sad to be excluded from the activity.

Your driveway is gorgeous. Your husband is doing a beautiful job. I love the pictures with your daughter in the shot too. Chloe looks very sad to be excluded from the activity.

My daughter is not camera shy, she LOVES being in the picture, no matter what.
An Chloe was playing the poor me card. It was only for a moment, she was running
and playing soon after.

What a fantastic job your husband is doing!!! And that's such a cute picture of Chloe.

Love, love, love your driveway. You , your husband and daughter and of course Chloe are doing a fabulous job.

You guys are great. Compliments from all of you mean more, I think because they come from all over the world. :thnx: He is going to finish ( :xfngr: ) hopefully this weekend with the walkway also, I will post pictures of the end result. Maybe my DH will pose for you all too :lol:

Cant wait to see the end result. Tell him keep going...He is doing great...And im sure your daughter is a great help.... You would pay a fortune to get that done here in ireland.
P.s. Is he any good at doing kitchens?????? We have a thread going on our kitchens at the moment??? I'll bet he put in yours for you?????

Cant wait to see the end result. Tell him keep going...He is doing great...And im sure your daughter is a great help.... You would pay a fortune to get that done here in ireland.
P.s. Is he any good at doing kitchens?????? We have a thread going on our kitchens at the moment??? I'll bet he put in yours for you?????

He did put our kitchen together. We try to keep it simple, we have cabinets from IKEA, I really like them. Changed the whole look and gave us lots of space without costing a fortune. We could still use some things done, but I'm not complaining. I feel blessed with what we have.
And yes we wouldn't have been able to have this driveway as it would have cost $15,ooo. to $18.000. if he didn't do it himself. It's sooo crazy to think about how much people charge, although I respect the amount of work that has to be done, cost of living here is outragous. We try our best to live by our means. :lpy: sometimes it's tough.

Nice driveway!
-God help the first person with an oil leak....:rolleyes:

:xctly: too funny, we thought about that. He's doing some super sealer and only I can park in the driveway for now icon_whistling we'll see what happens. I don't like things too perfect, that's why we got the tumbled brick, they have some intended flaws.
I guess we need to use wee wee pads for visitors.:lol:

Back