PDA

View Full Version : A few puppy questions

Revely
2nd June 2008, 10:55 PM
But first I would like to say that Tom just *rang his poochie bells to go outside*! First time ever! We've only been working with him on it for a day or so and I almost fainted with happiness when I heard him ring. :p

I've been reading up a lot on bite inhibition around here, and have found some good tips. Tom has reached the nippy stage this week and it has been a *constant* effort to keep him from trying to nip faces/hands/feet/ankles/pants/necklaces. But I think that's just a matter of time and attention.

My real question is about walking. Now that he's gotten his shots I've been taking him for walks to try to get rid of some of the puppy energy. Two walks per day, each around the block. The block is probably only a quarter mile, and he doesn't seem tired out by them, but I just wanted to make sure that was okay for a 4-month old. They're by no means fast walks. "The morning is for exploring" as my neighbor says, and it can take us a half hour to do the block. The one at night is a bit more of a trot, mainly because Tom is afraid of the dark and wants to get home. :dogwlk:

Oh, and the walk is grass/sidewalk, etc. I just don't want to do anything to harm him, so I thought I'd get your opinions.