• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

She's a what????

hbmama

We were at an outdoor mall a few days ago and I overheard a woman say, "Look at that darling minature Cocker Spaniel! Another woman immediately corrected her (before I could respond) and stated, don't be silly, everyone knows that is a King Henry the 8th!:D Then, last night at the Pet Supply store, a man told his boy that Dottie was "One of "them" lifestyles of the rich and famous dogs!" (Problem is, we are not rich, or famous) :p It never ceases to amaze me the comments we get when out and about. Obviously they are not all that common around here yet!

What have your Cavaliers been called? (other than "The cutest dog I've ever seen!");)

Most people call Dylan a King Charles, even people who tell me they have had one! They seem to be the most popular dog around in my town. Funny how I didn't notice until I got Dylan.

Sparky was called a Jack Russell a few weeks ago - but that was because they thought he was Cassie's puppy!
casssparky2-1.jpg

(this was take a couple of months ago)

Cassie'd be having a pretty swinging lifestyle to be producing puppies at her dignified age... :lol:

Most people call them 'King Charles' (I am always careful to say a 'CAVALIER King Charles when asked) or sometimes a 'Prince Charles' (maybe the big ears... :lol:). People always think they are puppies, too and are shocked to hear Lucy is coming up on 9. :cool:

Indeed! Most people think Daisy is a King Charles puppy.When I tell them she's 18 months old I get the usual,
"isn't she very small, are you sure she's a King Charles, we had one that was much bigger/fatter/larger/hairier"..etc..
I even get people telling me she's way too thin and am I feeding her enough:confused:
Sins

The funniest one I ever got was when a man asked me if Oliver was a "Charlie Daniels Cocker Spaniel"!!!!

Cassie'd be having a pretty swinging lifestyle to be producing puppies at her dignified age... :lol:

Most people call them 'King Charles' (I am always careful to say a 'CAVALIER King Charles when asked) or sometimes a 'Prince Charles' (maybe the big ears... :lol:). People always think they are puppies, too and are shocked to hear Lucy is coming up on 9. :cool:

Yeh & the fact she was spayed 9 1/2 years ago would make it a miracle!!!!!:jump: (obviously no one else would know that by looking at her though!!!)

Now you say that Karlin when I show people photos of Sparks (about a million times a day - not that I'm a proud mammy or anything!!) people say, oh he's a king charles isn't he & I allways say no, cavalier king charles actually & then I get 'same thing isn't it' - then I find pics of both, but by then they're bored listening to me coz they didn't really care in the first place half the time!

We just had another Cavalier move into our building and there are 2 ladies that keep calling her and Maverick St. Charles dogs.... they don't even get a spaniel.... I can't stand one of the ladies and I was like for the 4th time (in a row) it's a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel. (I can't stand this women she's had and organ transplant yet smokes at least a pack of a day... makes me sick)

I think I've mentioned it before, but a spectator outside the St. Paul dog show a number of years ago asked if our tri boy was a miniture St. Bernard!! The temptation was almost more than I could stand :lol:

I could go on and on about this subject...there are very few Cavalier's in Mississippi and I've had mine called St. Bernards, Cocker Spaniels, Beagles, Pomeranians (when they were really young and furry).

Goodness, an adult cavalier like Lucy would be about the size of a 10 week old St Bernard puppy! :lol:

people say, oh he's a king charles isn't he & I allways say no, cavalier king charles actually & then I get 'same thing isn't it' - then I find pics of both, but by then they're bored listening to me coz they didn't really care in the first place half the time!

This is my exact experience! :) Two weekends ago, we were at the lake, and 2 people said "Is that a King Charles spaniel?" I said "Cavalier King Charles Spaniel." Then the one lady said "Oh, a Cavalier spaniel." I just let it drop at that point! :sl*p: I wanted so badly to explain that a King Charles spaniel is a whole different breed, etc., but as you said, I doubted that she really cared that much about the finer points! I often wish they had a shorter simpler name, and Cavalier spaniel wouldn't be too bad, I guess.

Yes, there aren't many around here in NC! :) I get Cocker Spaniel... but most recently, I was asked if Penny was a Springer Spaniel. LOL!

Mine were called king William!? and prince Charles in the past... and everyone thinks pippin is a puppy!

I've mentioned this before, but on another forum some had their cavalier called a King Edward. For those not familiar with vegetables, that's a potato.

Amber gets called a cocker all the time, a springer once (really shocked me - Come one, she's black/tan!), a cock-a-poo (sure, that's why she has straight hair!!!), and a pomeranian mix - It always amazes me what people come up with!

I get king charles occasionally - But cavaliers are popular enough here, that I don't get that very often.

Miles has been called a Cocker Spaniel, Golden Retriever, Irish Setter, a mix, and here's the winner: a cat :confused:. Truman has been called a Cocker Spaniel - people aren't sure what else to guess. They've both been called "King Charles" or "Prince Charles" Spaniels too...I've only seen 2 other Cavs in my town, both Blenheims, so I get a lot of questions as to what they are when I walk them...People say "let me guess...that one's a ______ and that one's a ______" :lol:

Back