• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

puppy weight

qwickkertje

Apparently everybody thinks that our Qnotje is very "BIG" to be a cavalier puppy..

She has a pedigree and her mom wasn't that big and neither was her father

She is 10 weeks now and weighs about 3.2kg (approx 7.0547 pounds)... But I must say she has quite some baby-fat :p

Is this so extreme?
How much do your puppies weigh?

Chloe was a big puppy too. At 10 weeks she weighed 7.5 pounds.
She's now 24.5 pounds at her ideal weight for her build.
At 10 weeks
431614206_75dc04e5e8.jpg

Sparky was 2.5kg @12 weeks - but I don't think he's gonna be a big boy! (he was 4.05kgs 2 weeks ago when he was 18 weeks)

Our Daisy is a big girl, although her dad was a champion show dog, and her mother was within the breed standard, too. I remember her being 5 pounds at our first checkup after we got her at 10 weeks. She is now at 28 pounds, but needs to lose about 5 pounds, according to our vet. She is bigger built than most Cavaliers, that's for sure, and is significantly longer.

So if puppy size/weight has anything to do with adult weight and size, then yes, I would say at 7 pounds at 10 weeks, she is destined to be pretty big. But I don't know how much correlation there is. Maybe some of the breeders out there can comment on how much of a relationship there is between size at 10 weeks and size at adulthood.

Ralph is a large cavalier - he was about 10lbs (4.5kg) at 12 weeks and seemed to accelerate until a few weeks ago - weighed him last night and he was 11.55kg (approx 25lbs) and hes now 7 months, he is taller and longer than the breed standard and is by no means fat just a big boy :lotsaluv:

I have no experience with cavalier puppies and sizes - But I know with my IGs, it really depends on the bloodline, I'd ask your breeder if she feels that's big for her age!

My first Italian Greyhound I got at 10 weeks, and she was already 8 lbs - I thought she was going to be a big iggy, but she matured to a 13 lb, 14 1/2" tall beauty, well within the breed standard. In contrast, my Laddie was only 6 lbs at 12 weeks, yet he's matured to be a 15 lb, 15 1/2" tall boy, much taller then Hannah. Probably bad examples, as that isn't the same breed, but I'm willing to bet the same principle applies.

Jato was 5 lbs. at 10 weeks. He was 9 lbs. at 17 weeks. He is now 13 lbs. at 6 months of age. He's growing like a little weed. :D

Back