PDA

View Full Version : Oops!

Ciren
5th June 2008, 07:35 AM
We had little accident last night, i thought we might as neighbour gave us her dog's old bed. she said it had been in the washing machine but i wondered as i was dropping off if she meant before she gave it to me.
aaaanyway i know all accidents need to be cleaned up with a non smelling product and no ammonioa etc, but what about in the machine. should i use powder and softner?

Arne
5th June 2008, 08:06 AM
Biological washing power should help.

sallymum
5th June 2008, 09:25 AM
The only time Toby wees on his bed is when i wash it. I pressume he wants his smell on it. When this happened the first few times i was horrified(well not horrified but dont know what word to use) but now i know he is going to do it and just go with it. I know its only that once after washing and the rest of the times inbetween he never does.

*Pauline*
6th June 2008, 11:05 AM
I would get rid of the bed. When Dylan was going through puberty he marked a few times in the house, once on the curtains. Now I'm all for washing with bio liquid and using the enzyme sprays but he will still sniff those curtains, I don't believe they get 100% of the sent out. And, seeing as this bed will smell of your neighbours dog, even after you wash it, I'd get rid.

Karlin
6th June 2008, 11:20 AM
Washing with non-scented cleaners won't make any difference. You either need to use biological washing powder or an enzymatic cleaner designed for cleaning up pet accidents -- I just throw about 1/4th a up in the wash along with the washing powder. You can use vinegar too though it will make items smell like vinegar.