• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Marley-Grub tummy update

OhMarley

Well the computers had the bomb so we had it replaced, but then it still wasnt working so that one was sent back and now its been FOREVER and we still dont have a computer ARUGH! I've stolen my sisters for the day so I can try and catch up on things!
Update on Marley:
Over a month ago we started having issues with Marleys stomach. He had diahorrea(i can never spell that word right) on and off, vomitting occasionally. He had various tests done, antibiotics, pro biotics the works. We thought we were getting somewhere he was on a bland boiled chicken rice diet but then BAM sick again.
I then happened to go to a vet industy exhibition where i met some reps from a dog food/product company called Dr Bruce's Vets All natural http://www.vetsallnatural.com.au/ourcustomers.html
I spend a long time talking to them about Marley, they gave me sample food and a huge book on allergys and intestinal problems to read up on. It was very interesting to say the least so we thought what the heck we'll give it a go. Its been just over 2 weeks now and he's poop is better then its ever been, no vomiting, so fingeres crosses.....
His diet now consists of kangaroo meat (i know... scary right?), the 'complete mix' which to me looks like bird seed! and omega oil stuff.
Well hopefully it will continue the food trial has to go for 8 weeks (6 to go!) and if all stays good then i'm guessing he was allergic to chicken!
Anyway hopefully my computer will be back soon so i can get back up to date! So much to read up on!!!!!!!
hope everyone is well, take care

Lara and Marley-Grub

I'm so glad to hear Marley has improved on his new diet. :flwr: It is truly frightening when they have chronic digestive problems.

We went through a similar problem with Geordie earlier this year. It was very alarming to me when no food at all agreed with him, and we took him to the vet several times. I basically fed him boiled ground beef and rice, Nutrical supplement for puppies, and Benebac for several weeks while we tried to find a balanced diet he could eat.

What finally worked for us was feeding Geordie canned green tripe (I think it was the enzymes he needed), and then gradually changing to a commercial frozen raw diet of rabbit (also lamb), probiotics, and adding a small amount fiber (psyllium husk mixed with water) to his food. One of my many requirements for dog food is that it meet AAFCO standards for all life stages, and luckily Nature's Variety commercial frozen raw filled the bill.

He's back to good health, and now he's eating a venison-based kibble. Rabbit and lamb are two other proteins he can eat.

I strongly recommend Tripett canned tripe when a dog has diarrhea that doesn't get better after being seen by a vet.
http://www.tripett.com/

I was told about the green tripe and i thought it was a fish ahahhahahahah!!!!!! Then i found out what green tripe was .... so grossssss!!!!!!!! Even worse then Kangaroo and thats gross, i hate the smell of it!!

Another question, what approximately is he average size for a male cavalier? Marley just seems so small to me and I wonder if he's always had digestive problems and if that could have impacted on his growth?

Back