• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Clipping

quoman

Is it correct that if I have my 2 cavvies clipped that the hair will grow back curly, I only ask as in the heat it does seem unfair to them that they have to endure constant panting and a good clipping would possibly remedy this, only part of the attraction of cavvies is the wonderful coat so would I loose this forever and end up with something resembling a poodle !!!

That is a good question.
I have heard that Cav's should not be clipped (or was it only their feet should be clipped?).
I love the way Charlie looks with his full coat, but with 90+ degree days and 90+ % humidity not uncommon in my area during the Summer months, I have thought about clipping, as well.
Will clipping prevent the coat from growing back fully?

We've clipped two of our three Cavaliers and the coat grows back just fine.

Our pup, Rosie (a Ruby) just doesn't have the thick coat that Mary Alice (blen) and our Charley (tri) had.

I think in extreme heat & humidity, they do feel better without all that fur.

It's a scorcher here today, high 90s and the girls don't even like being outside.

We all prefer the A/C! (y)

Mind you, we just finished frost warnings, lol, so Mary Alice still looks like a wooly Mammoth. :)

Back