• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Hello...new pup arrives tomorrow!

AHM

Hi, My name is Heather and my mother is getting a new blenheim, 8 week old little girl tomorrow. We're very excited but very new to CKC. We've had English Springer Spaniels all our lives and now mom feels the need to down size, so to speak. However, our last two springers were older rescue dogs so she hasn't had a puppy in 30 years! I may be asking some questions. :)

We haven't named the puppy yet but are leaning towards Binne, which in Gaelic means, sweet, melodius, and fairylike.

I will post some photos tomorrow.

(Incidentally, I run an orchid growing forum such as this one called Slippertalk!)

Looking forward to learning lots and getting to know all of you and your pups!

Best,
Heather

HI Heather, welcome. Are you in US? It's unusual to find a breeder who places them that young in the US but in the UK much more common. I wish I knew about your board before I "killed" my orchid. I will PM you to see if you think it's really dead if that is ok.

Hello Heather. I had a quick look at your forum (y) I have about 4 orchid plants, none of which have flowered for a few years so this will be really useful to me.

icon_welcomeHi Heather and welcome from us too, looking forward to hearing all about your mam's new puppy :lotsaluv:

Ha, thanks for the nice welcome - the orchid comments made me smile - sure any questions, feel free to ask here or there. I'm Heather over there.

I am in Massachusetts, USA. There are not a lot of breeders around us but this one seems to know what she's doing, however we did read about the preference of not placing this early - after we'd set the date.
Hopefully all will be well...off to clean the crate and get ready!

Let's see if this photo upload works...

may08foalsandpuppies20168.jpg

Ahh, there's my new baby girl...(well not mine really but I'll be quite involved so...might as well be!)

Oh what a little doll. Listen...if she's too much for you....you just send her on out here to California ;) Seriously though...she is adorable!!

icon_welcome to the board. Your pup whatever you end up calling her is absolutely stunning! I wish you all long happy life together. Looking forward to hearing all about her as she grows and, of course, seeing lots of :snap: :snap:

Welcome, she is such a sweet baby doll....What fun is in store for you all. Judy and Dixie

Welcome!

ow, how cute is that little girl! good luck with her. We also got our Bob at 8 weeks (which is quite common in Belgium) and didn't have problems with him!

Binne(h?) Not sure how we spell it yet!

Pronounced Binney in our house anyway....she's a bundle of energy! Galloped around the yard with me a bit ago. So far, so good!

bin614.jpg

Pronounced Binney in our house anyway....she's a bundle of energy!

The actual pronunciation of that word (Binne) would be BEAN-nyah (accent on the first syllable). :)

Thanks Karlin,

There's a bit of a story behind the name. We have another Binne in our past and she is sort of named in his honor (but he was pronounced Binney, so that's her "nickname" so to speak.)

However, thanks very much for the correct pronunciation! I will pass it on to mom.

Back