• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

pregnant cavalier

Status
Not open for further replies.

sommer

hi, enyone out there with a cavvy who is pregnant ,or who as just had puppies. my little girl i think is pregnant around 30 days,eny advice.:)

Hi and welcome! Glad you found us as there is a lot of information here that should be of interest, but I have to remind you to read the rules before you post -- the board rules do not allow discussions of specific breeding events here except by breeders who Karlin knows or can confirm are reputable, health focused breeders who are fully affiliated with their national clubs and do the crucial health testing before even considering breeding.

We know this board policy means many reputable breeders are unable to post because they cannot establish their bona fides as breeders, but if you read the Getting Started section where this specific issue is discussed, you will see why Karlin has taken the stance she has. The summary of our perspective is that this is a board very firmly focused on health in the breed, and we strongly discourage anyone getting any puppies from people who breed outside of well established health guidelines as the breed is being slowly destroyed by such people. Because of this we will not allow even the discussion of backyard, casual breeding or breeding by anyone lacking a full understanding of the serious health issues in the breed and how to best avoid them in every litter. (y)

Last edited:
Cathy has noted the board policy; but I'd also add that you need to see a vet *immediately* if you have a pregnant bitch halfway through a pregnancy. Any pregnancy carries a significant mortality risk to mother and puppies and she should already be under vet care. There are many things that must be done and you need advice from a professional; a discussion board is not an adequate source of information on something so important to the health and perhaps survival of your dog. (y)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back