• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

My first Cavalier

stacy710

We have our first Cavalier, Maggie Mae, that is 4 monts old. We live in Montgomery, Alabama and were introduced to this breed when we met our friends 2 "girls". We fell in love with them and it wasnt long until we found Maggie. Our pets are part of our family and she is a real joy. She may be our first Cavalier, but definately not our last. She is awesome! We do have a question with house training. Is the crate method the best or is there something more effective? Thanks.

Hello and welcome to you and little Maggie Mae. There is alot of information on the board regarding house training, and absolutely do the crate training. It is the only way to go with these dogs (in my humble opinion). Our dog loves her crate, and she is safe and comfortable there when we have to leave for a few hours during the day, sleeping at night, and for car travel.

Looking forward to seeing lots of pictures of your little girl!

Hey and welcome! I think crate training is great. My 2 boys love their "room". I will admit they don't sleep in it at night...we just couldn't say no to those faces. But if I'm mopping the floor or I have to leave the house for any reason all I have to say is "Boys come get in your room" and they come running..usually with a toy in their mouths and they get settled before I'm even out of the door. At first they didn't like it but now they love it. Good luck with Maggie Mae, love the name!

I moved your original crate training question over to the training forum and posted an answer there for you, too. :)

Back