• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Horse poo problem

timclayton

Our Chesney has only one bad habit, a penchant for eating large cobbles of horse manure when he goes for walks. Sometimes he runs off too quickly for us to stop him, and he has a large chunk between his jaws. he really seems to enjoy this. he doesn't go near any dog excrement so I wondered why this was, is it safe?

Lots of dogs like various poos. Cat and human can be particularly attractive, as can rabbit, horse, deer and their own. Some puppies grow out of it, others do not. Best form of control is to train your dog to understand 'leave it' and 'drop it' (or 'give'). Or keep the dog on a lead for more control. Probably no high risk in eating horse poop though I suppose some poops could carry organisms and parasites not good for the dog. I try to always stop any of mine eating poop -- I'd think cat and dog poop is more risky though for passing organisms.

My dogs are more likely to roll in horse poop, the wetter the better; they don't eat it. Beware, this may likely come next! :cool:

Alfs LOVES horse and cow poo.He also likes to roll in foxes poop.Hmmmm Lovely.Perhaps we should try rolling in it,its got to be good......

Avery loves horse manure too. She does know 'leave it'... but she still gobbles it up when she can. :)

Back