• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

The decision has been made

petcrazyme

Hello from Ottawa

Time for a proper intro. Finding this forum was like hitting the jackpot. In
researching the breed, no information was more valuable to me than what came straight from cavalier owner's mouths. I was given honest info to my posts about shedding, dog odor etc and hence, made an informed decision to jump in with two feet.

This is Maisy. She is now 14 weeks old. I picked her up from a breeder in Guelph, ON two weeks ago. She is soooo sweet. Funny that when I first seriously considered a cavalier I wanted a male blenheim and ended up with a female black and tan ...and I think she's just perfect.

She has a fantastic temperament and fits right into our family with two young girls and 2 cats. She runs around the yard chasing balls with the kids and then settles down for a rest in my lap; she settles into her crate without protest; she sleeps all night since we got her at 12 wks; she is very very quiet except in the evening when she decides that chasing the cat is too fun to contain a few barks (the cat is totally into the play too!); she goes for walks; she already fetches and retrieves a ball; sits on command; she's perfect. Housebreaking is coming along; she recognizes her part of the yard and does her business there. We're now working on getting her to go to the door when she has to go ...there is no progress on that front to date but I don't think I have to worry yet as she is still only 3.5 months old.

I love my cats but I'm very excited to have a pet that can join in so much more of our family's activities.

On this forum I'm looking forward to learning from the experienced and sharing my experiences with other newby dog owners.
http://board.cavaliertalk.com/picture.php?albumid=51&pictureid=487
http://board.cavaliertalk.com/picture.php?albumid=51&pictureid=486
http://board.cavaliertalk.com/picture.php?albumid=51&pictureid=485

Maisy sounds adorable! Isn't it funny....I wanted a blenheim female and ended up with a tri male. You never know. Looks like your girls are smitten!!

Just hope you are aware given previous discussions that of the four colours, B&Ts have the heaviest coats and are the heaviest shedders... :lol:

Just hope you are aware given previous discussions that of the four colours, B&Ts have the heaviest coats and are the heaviest shedders... :lol:

Yup ...I certainly remembered and did consider that fact. This particular pup though looks like she will have a lighter coat like her Ruby mother. The breeder agreed. Maisy also has shorter ears than some of the other pups ..not that that is a shedding factor.

There is someone here with a username that starts with a 'V' (can't remember the rest) and I remember coming across pictures of their gorgeous B&T puppy. Their puppy (although 2 weeks younger or so) was so chubby and had such a huge puppy coat ..just gorgeous. Maisy looks like a rat next to this puppy! :rolleyes:

I also considered our dark furniture.

If I'm wrong and she does end up with a heavy coat, it won't matter by then anyway. My exotic shorthair cat is doing a summer shed right now and I don't think anything could compare to that!!

Maisy is gorgeous :lotsaluv:. We have a blenheim and black and tan and so far it is the blenheim that sheds the most, mind you that may be because the white hair shows up more

Maisy (love the name) is perfect!!! So glad you did your homework so you are ready for anything. I used to be anti smell anti shed etc etc when looking for a dog. I now don't even notice those things and I love my girls warm doggie breath, fluffy fur and all!!

Congratulations mom!!

Thanks everyone!

Maisy (love the name) is perfect!!! So glad you did your homework so you are ready for anything

Thanks! My husband really wanted to call her Sizzles after a dog in a 'Charlie and Lola' book that my daughter loves. I had already named her Maisy before I heard of it ...and now Maisy seems to suit her. And yes, I certainly did my homework!

Looks like your girls are smitten!!
Yes they are! But not as much as me:p.

Thanks everyone for taking the time to read this intro. I'm looking forward to getting to know you here at CavalierTalk.com!

Kelly

Back