• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Fading color

LilysAunt

Hello everyone!

I need your help. My cousin has a 20 month old blenheim Cavalier named Jesse. He is neutered. My cousin has noticed Jesse's red color fading to almost a cream color.

She called the breeder who said that the coloring is fading because it's dead hair. And that this happens sometimes to neutered or spayed Cavaliers.

Has anyone heard of this happening before? I appreciate your answers & will pass this on to my cousin.

Thank you,
LilysAunt

rubys mom

i have a blenheim girl who is two now she started going lighter in places about 16 months old her ears are getting lighter all the time she has been spayed but i dont know if this makes any differance proberly just a growing up thing :D

Yes, this regularly happens with some blenheims and rubies. It may be aging, it may be neutering, it may be genetics, depending on the dog. Most elderly blenheims I've seen whether intact or neutered are far lighter in colour than younger dogs.

Back