PDA

View Full Version : glenda new member

glenda
19th June 2008, 07:12 AM
I got my first Cavalier just over a year ago in March. She is 3 years old now, had pups before I got her. She is a Blenheim and just a lover, so sweet . So what else is new?! Her name is Maggie Mae. She is a little overweight as is her owner. :( She snores quite a lot! I am worried about her heart as she puffs after a short walk. I must ask my vet to check her heart and see what he thinks. I would appreciate anyone else with more experience than I. Thanks!

Kristy
19th June 2008, 08:53 AM
Hello and Welcome :)

leesanlucie
19th June 2008, 09:15 AM
Hi and welcome to both of you icon_welcome

Karlin
19th June 2008, 11:07 AM
Welcome! If she is overweight and hasn't had much exercise, she will puff -- but also she should be gradually eased into an exercise programme -- stop when she starts having a harder time breathing.

It would be good to have her get a complete checkup. Cutting back on food (most people feed these small dogs far more than needed) and routine exercise will help her waistline! You can cut her food by maybe a third and see how she does. I have tips in the Library section for 'pudgy pets' -- using fruit and veg treats for example. Usually it isn't hard for the dog to lose weight -- but it is hard for us owners to stick with not overfeeding! :lol:

Elaine 2
19th June 2008, 08:29 PM
icon_welcomeHi Glenda a warm welcome from us