• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

glenda new member

glenda

I got my first Cavalier just over a year ago in March. She is 3 years old now, had pups before I got her. She is a Blenheim and just a lover, so sweet . So what else is new?! Her name is Maggie Mae. She is a little overweight as is her owner. :( She snores quite a lot! I am worried about her heart as she puffs after a short walk. I must ask my vet to check her heart and see what he thinks. I would appreciate anyone else with more experience than I. Thanks!

Welcome! If she is overweight and hasn't had much exercise, she will puff -- but also she should be gradually eased into an exercise programme -- stop when she starts having a harder time breathing.

It would be good to have her get a complete checkup. Cutting back on food (most people feed these small dogs far more than needed) and routine exercise will help her waistline! You can cut her food by maybe a third and see how she does. I have tips in the Library section for 'pudgy pets' -- using fruit and veg treats for example. Usually it isn't hard for the dog to lose weight -- but it is hard for us owners to stick with not overfeeding! :lol:

Back