• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

leads

leesanlucie

Hey
Sorry about all these questions....
Am looking for a nice comfortable leash to go with my sensible harness (which is red).
I have seen the puppia leads which come in all colours and look quite nice.
Am wondering if anyone has one and in what size for a cavalier. And if they are ok leads to use...r they long enough...too wide....not wide enough?????:confused:
Am also open to other suggestions on leads too!

PS...the puppia harnesses are gorgeous....but until my dog stops pulling i cant use one! :(

From the reports on the boards about the puppia leads, I'd stay away from them. There have been cases of the clip coming off, leaving dogs running loose in dangerous places!

I use the standard, inexpensive, nylon leads that you can get at most pet stores. They come in a variety of colors and work fine. I get the smallest kind they have, but I also have smaller cavaliers.

From the reports on the boards about the puppia leads, I'd stay away from them. There have been cases of the clip coming off, leaving dogs running loose in dangerous places!

oh no thats what i ordered! was a puppia lead! i hope it doesnt break on me! :eek: i dont remember seeing those reports or i wouldnt have ordered it :(

I have 2 "Urban Hund" brand leather leashes that I use for my boys. I prefer leather, it gets really soft and yet is very strong. I think they're 3/4 of an inch thick, 6 foot leashes. They are very well made; they're not cheap, around $40 each I think, but they should last a long time...plus they have matching collars : )

You can sort of see the leash here:
2158829194_d55c25f988.jpg

I have a puppia lead and don't like it at all. I haven't had any trouble with things falling off, although I've only used it a couple times....but I feel the fabric is too stiff and scratchy. Not very comfortable to hold at all. Anyway, I prefer the cheap nylon leads you can buy at any pet store, even though they're not very stylish!

We have 2 puppia harnesses with matching leads and they have held up beautifully and performed well for us. My girl has always trotted by my side on a loose lead though, so that may be why I am happy with them. The harnesses seem more comfortable and fit her better than others I have tried, and the leads appear to be sturdy and well made.

Perhaps if I had a puller I might have a different opinion, but in my circumstance, I am very happy with Puppia.

Pauline, Miles' boots are Muttlucks (size XXS) and I bought them off of ebay. They were new and I think I paid about $20.00 for them...

Thanks Carrie, I got Dylan some but I think I needed one size smaller, I can't remb. what I bought now. I was a bit silly buying them as we don't get much snow and I don't go out in it anyway! I fall over when I do! I broke my arm one year.

My very favorite leads are Lupine 1/2 inch wide, 6 ft long. Very strong yet lightweight:
http://lupinepet.com/dog/sm_dog.php

Scroll down to see their 1/2 inch wide step in harness, looks very much like the Up Country. I love Up Country too, their fabrics are wonderful to look at.

Back