PDA

View Full Version : 'Self' hasn't met Jaspar...

Karlin
19th June 2008, 10:47 PM
Self magazine suggests that choosing the right dog breed can help your fitness regimen. If you want to walk at 3 mph, choose a Cavalier King Charles spaniel or French bulldog. For a 3.5 mph pace, go with a miniature poodle, corgi-terrier mix or Yorkshire terrier. And if you want to jog at 5 mph, pick a white golden retriever, Labrador-chow mix or Jack Russell terrier.

What?! That's ridiculous. The normal walking pace of Jaspar, Leo and Lily (if they are not doing their 'slow walk' for people-speed...) is faster than my brisk walking pace. Most retrievers I know meander along. And how silly -- why a 'white' golden retriever or a 'lab-chow mix' or a 'corgi-terrier mix'? Has someone with a stopwatch gone around following these specific mixes? :rolleyes:

One of the silliest things I have seen. :lol:

sallymum
19th June 2008, 10:55 PM
Made me laugh though:jump:

hbmama
20th June 2008, 01:20 AM
:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Cathy Moon
20th June 2008, 01:34 AM
:lol: Now that is just crazy! How could anyone come up with that?:confused:

sallymum
20th June 2008, 12:29 PM
Still laughing about this as i was bringing the lads for their walk this morning, def havent been on a walk with a cav. :D

leesanlucie
20th June 2008, 12:42 PM
LOLOLOL......:jump:

My cav is more like.........:dogwlk:....she walks me!!! LOL
Someone had way too much free time on there hands i think...lol:razz:

Thelly
20th June 2008, 12:43 PM
OMG - that is so funny. Maybe true in the case of Ginger, who is a lazy walker (until she sees a cat!) but not my other two OR any other cav I've ever met in the Phoenix Park!!!!

Karlin
20th June 2008, 02:01 PM
The idea of a CKCS being a dawdler while a yorkie or miniature poodle trots on fast also makes me laugh. :dogwlk:

Sue.k
20th June 2008, 02:04 PM
I would love for that person to bring my two for a walk :jump:

anniespeeps
20th June 2008, 02:19 PM
They've never seen Annie following a squirrel. :dogwlk:

Cathy T
20th June 2008, 04:19 PM
My cav is more like.........:dogwlk:....she walks me!!!

No kidding!!! Now Jake will plod along but Shelby....leader of the pack, always in a hurry!!