• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Help!!

Mom2Lola

Lola has taken a liking to eating cat poop! :grnyuk: How have any of you delt with this problem?? It is sooooo disgusting!!! We get so grossed out by this. We have to literally go into her mouth and dig it out of there!!! We try to get to the litter box to scoop before she gets a chance to find it but she must have supersonic smelling! Any advice would help!

We have two cats and have put the litter boxes behind a baby gate. The cats can jump over the gate, but the dogs can't. It works great. And gives the cats a place to go if they want to get away from the dogs for awhile. Actually they all get along great, but it works great for feeding the cats too. Their food is also behind the baby gate so we don't have to worry about the dogs getting into it since we free-feed the cats. Good luck! I know how yucky it is when the dogs eat things they shouldn't!

-Teri

We had a border collie who would like to snack in the litter box, so I bought a litter box called a budda box(?) It had a cover on it that came down in the front and the opening was one that the cat had to go under the front and go in. It was impossible for the dog to get into the box because he couldn't get his head in. It was also great for the fact that it really contained the smell of the box also. It was a little more expensive but it worked great and neither cat minded it.

I have also heard of people facing a covered litter box backwards against the wall so the cat can slip in, but the dog can't! Good luck.... yuck! :)

A barrier. Put the litter box up high, put it behind a barred baby gate that cats can slipthrough but not a dog, use a covered litter box, get a box that disposes of the poop immediately. Most dogs will eat cat poop given the opportunity.

Lol if only my problem was so easy to fix..

Qnotje has found a liking in rabbit poop.. So if she comes outside (and we have quite a lot of rabbits in the area) she starts looking for their poop and eats it.. I try to take it out of her mouth, but mostly she's too fast..

Oh and she likes to eat Qwick & Qwebble's fur as well.... :confused:

Qnotje has found a liking in rabbit poop..

My Charlie took a liking to rabbit droppings also (we have rabbits in our backyard). I never thought much of it, just that it was disgusting. :grnyuk:

When we got him from the breeder, he was just finishing up a treatment course for coccidia. Well, we had a fecal exam done a month or so afterwards just to make sure that the coccidia was gone, and discovered that he had both coccidia and giardia! The only source we could think of was the rabbit droppings. So now, we're trying to come up with ways to keep the rabbits out of our yard and he is carefully supervised when outside, except that he's very quick and will have some in his mouth before we know it and then I'll have to go digging in his mouth for it. So I just wanted you to be aware of the possible parasites that come along with the rabbit droppings.

We use a child gate. Gives the cats a place of their own to get away from the dogs. They have their cat castle right in front of the window. They love it and the dogs stay out of their stuff.:cool:

Back