PDA

View Full Version : Heartbreaking story - Beth

emthegrem
23rd June 2008, 11:12 PM
Been following this little ladies story since before the weekend, even scrounged internet access on a weekend away to check in on her, Beth is absolutely goergeous but so so poorly. Please will you remember her in your prayers/thoughts etc.

http://www.freewebs.com/manytearsrescue/dogslookingforhomes.htm

Click on link and scroll down to Beth :(

coconut
24th June 2008, 12:14 AM
omg that is so sad, the poor little girl. i really hope she pulls through!!!

Elaine 2
24th June 2008, 12:23 AM
Ive also been keeping a watch on little Beth's story and I'm praying she pulls through, poor baby:xfngr:

pippa
24th June 2008, 12:28 AM
Sending positive thoughts...

Dublin
24th June 2008, 08:49 AM
Everyone involved with Beth deserve a medal, I really hope she pulls through she sound slike a little fighter.

:xfngr::xfngr::xfngr::xfngr::xfngr:

srp999
24th June 2008, 09:29 AM
25 years with the emergency services and i am sitting here blubbering like a baby. Cavaliers have that effect on us

keep going Beth we are all thinking of you

Dublin
24th June 2008, 12:52 PM
Seems she's hanging in there, god love her & all her carers

Sandrac
24th June 2008, 03:17 PM
I've also been following Beth's story and like everyone else willing her to keep going. Many Tears are doing a wonderful job - I'm sure she would not have got this far with anyone else. Well done to everyone involved in giving her the chance of a new life and :xfngr: and everything else crossed that Beth pulls through.

Cathy T
24th June 2008, 03:58 PM
Sweet little girl....reading her story just breaks my heart.

Cleo's Person
24th June 2008, 04:10 PM
:xfngr: she pulls through.

misty
24th June 2008, 07:55 PM
Beth is on my mind so much and I'm finding myself visiting the website so many times a day for updates. Poor little lady.

emthegrem
24th June 2008, 09:16 PM
Latest update copied and pasted below. Like many here, have to keep checking in to the site to see if theres any news :(

8:30pm 24-06-08
The day went by with little Beth almost giving up, then just when I began to doubt I was doing right she raised her head licked by hand and tucked into some roast chicken (well a little piece sent by a well wisher - thank you Jacqui). We tried calling the USA to see if they felt the product we had was right for her, but their help line never answered. Her blood tests came back, all sorts of worries but it made us make the decision so now she is on the oxyglobin and all we can do is wait and pray.
At 5pm her tail started thumping again. If she survives there will be a month of recovery time at least, so it's going to take time, love and patience. Thank you again for all your kind thoughts. I will write tomorrow but really her life is in God's hands.

Laila
25th June 2008, 08:34 AM
Aww my thoughts are with Beth and all of Beth's carers, I really hope she pulls through, bless her little heart, she has been through so much, she sounds like a little fighter and I will be thinking about her from now on :xfngr:

Dublin
25th June 2008, 09:59 AM
This mornings news from the site

7:45am 25-04-08
http://webzoom.freewebs.com/manytearsrescue/Dogs2008/Beth-Update-25-06-08a.jpg http://webzoom.freewebs.com/manytearsrescue/Dogs2008/Beth-Update-25-06-08b.jpg
It's been an exhausting night. Bill and I have not slept as we watched Beth fight. To start with things seemed a tiny bit better, but at 2 o'clock her temperature dropped a bit, then at 3 she was not keen to eat but drank, at 4 she was breathing worse and her temperature went lower. Bill bought her a special micro- waveable pillow with eucalyptus and lavender in it, and she loves this. The vet will be here at 8.
I have never let an animal suffer. If you know me you would know that so for those of you who have written and said I am cruel, I want to assure you that if the time comes I will make the right decision. There is great love, but sadly their doesn't seem to be any miracles.

Karlin
25th June 2008, 10:06 AM
It's a sad story. I would have let that dog go in peace some time back, but every rescue has to make its own ethical choices.

Barbara Nixon
25th June 2008, 10:45 AM
I agree, Karlin. A wagging tail can so easily be misread In a tv vet programme, a dog who was terribly, incurably injured and in severe pain, wagged it's tail when the owner came into the room. A dog being beaten may wag and also a dog being aggressive.

Sandrac
25th June 2008, 11:01 AM
Sadly Beth went to the Rainbow Bridge at 9.35 am this morning. RIP dear little one.*ng*l

emthegrem
25th June 2008, 11:02 AM
Final update on Beth :( :(

Thank you for all your thoughts and prayers for Beth, but very sadly at 9.35am she gave up her fight for life

sins
25th June 2008, 11:42 AM
Sadly it also brings into focus the risks of being a breeding bitch.
The poor creature is at peace now.
Sins

Cleo's Person
25th June 2008, 12:26 PM
RIP Beth *ng*l

*Pauline*
25th June 2008, 01:08 PM
I would have let her go sooner, poor little thing. I'm glad she is out of pain now. :(

Dublin
25th June 2008, 02:06 PM
:cry*ing:

Run free Beth xxxx

Sue.k
25th June 2008, 02:42 PM
*ng*l No more pain little one, sleep well

Laila
25th June 2008, 03:16 PM
RIP little Beth :(:(:(

misty
25th June 2008, 03:46 PM
Run free little girl. :(

Cathy T
25th June 2008, 03:53 PM
I am relieved she is no longer suffering. I thought about her all day yesterday and was hoping she would pass peacefully. Poor little thing was just tuckered out and deserved to be let go peacefully.

Davy
25th June 2008, 11:43 PM
A women call Fi on dogpages wrote a poem for Beth :(

Puppy Farm Girls, A poem (http://www.dogpages.org.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=174497)

karenc
26th June 2008, 10:55 AM
Play happy and free at the Bridge little one. I dont think anyone could have done any more for her than was done.*ng*l

Ruth
26th June 2008, 05:54 PM
I am glad the little one had the chance to experience love before she went, I believe she was worth fighting for.

misty
26th June 2008, 06:53 PM
I am glad the little one had the chance to experience love before she went, I believe she was worth fighting for.

I agree with you, Ruth.

Beth fought hard as did her carers. I can understand Many Tears' decision to give her every chance. I think we all know ourselves when the time is right to let go, but where there's life there's hope. :)

Claire L
26th June 2008, 09:43 PM
A women call Fi on dogpages wrote a poem for Beth :(

Puppy Farm Girls, A poem (http://www.dogpages.org.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=174497)

That poem is just heart breaking :cry*ing:

Denise G.
26th June 2008, 10:26 PM
I'm so sorry to hear about sweet Beth. I can't seem to find her story at the link posted. Have they taken it down?

misty
27th June 2008, 07:54 AM
Yes, the link's disappeared.

Gem
28th June 2008, 04:53 PM
they've moved her story and poem into the rainbow bridge section on the website