• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Dry Drowning-Update on Pixie

brotymo

Pixie1.jpg

I want to thank all of you who were here to support me during this time with Pixie. I can hardly type through my tears. Sadly, her brave little heart gave out at 9:30 tonight. We called to check on her about 9 p.m. The vet said she was about to call me when I called them. She told me Pixie was not doing well and they had needed to put her back on the 100% oxygen and that she had developed a heart arrythmia. They administered atropine and her vitals were all over the place. She advised we pull her off the ventilator and support and let her go. We are a 40 minute drive, so I asked the vet to try to keep her stable, if it was possible, and we'd jump in the car to be with her when she passed away. 10 minutes before we could get to Pixie, the vet called my cell and let me know Pixie's little heart finally just quit. I am so sad we didn't get to hold her and say goodbye first, but at least we didn't have to pull her life support and then wonder if we gave up too soon.
We brought her home and buried her in our flower bed with her favorite blanket and toys. Even the hard Georgia red dirt seemed like it didn't want Pixie dead. I could hardly get a grave dug. My children finally cried themselves to sleep at midnight. I can hardly stand it I am so miserable inside. I'm sorry to bring such gloom to the board, and I will try to come back later and tell some of the fun and sunny things about Pixie so you guys can know her when she was alive. Just now, I can't do anything but feel angry and sad.
Sleep peacefully, sweet Pixie. I will meet you over the Rainbow bridge one day.
Pixie3.jpg

OMG, I was just reading through your previous thread and my heart was breaking to hear what your family and your angel had to go through.

Words cannot describe how sorry I am for your loss. I said it before but she really was blessed to have a family who did all they could for her and loved her as much as any dog could be loved :(

Uch I just got at work and was anxiously hoping for some good news.. Now the tears are in my eyes :(...
Sweet pixie.. Rest now..
You will be missed :(

I'm so sorry for all of you.. I think I would completely fall apart if something like that happened to one of my dogs.. So we will all be thinking of you in the next time :( Take your time to grief, losing one of your best friends is never easy :(

I am also sitting tearful reading these sad news. I am so sorry to hear this, and my heart is really aching for you. I pray that you don't blame yourself, it was an accident that could have happened to any of us.
My thoughts and prayers go to you and your family. :hug:
Charlotte

I am so sorry..I was hoping for good news and it is with tears in my eyes that I make this reply..Take care of yourself and your children..please know you did all you could.Your little pixie was beautiful.

I am so sorry to read that your darling sweet girl didn't make it, I was telling my other half your story last night as he used to play the same game with his parents collie & I told him to never ever play that game again.

Like others have said don't blame yourselves for this tragic accident as thats exactly what it was, your little Pixi was lucky to have had such a loving family all be it for a short time, but she would have known as much love as she gave you back I'm sure of that.

Sleep well little girl xxx

I followed Pixies sad story and am heart saddend for you all. To lose a precious one so young is so hard. Pixie will be with you always in your heart. Try to remember the happy times she brought you all and smile for her. PLEASE dont blame yourself as by the grace of God go any of us, and I for one had no idea this could happen, so your brave post may save another person and baby the same fate.
Play happy at the Bridge sweet one, there are many lovely cavaliers there that will take you under their paws.

I lost a treasured friend today
The little dog who used to lay
Her gentle head upon my knee
And share her silent thoughts with me ...
She'll come no longer to my call
Retrieve no more her favorite ball
A voice far greater than my own
Has called her to His golden throne.
Although my eyes are filled with tears,
I thank Him for the happy years
He let her spend down here with me
And for her love and loyalty.
When it is time for me to go
And join her there, this much I know ...
I shall not fear the transient dark
For she will greet me with her bark.

I am so sorry to hear that dear Pixie did not make it. Treasure the sweet memories you have and she will be forever in your hearts. Sending you and all your family a huge :hug:.

run free Pixie turn right at the bridge to cavalier corner you have many friends awaiting you there....the sun always shines and the play never ends

no time to sleep tight you have many adventures to fullfill xxx

I am so deeply sorry for all you and your family and Pixie have been through. You are not bringing doom and gloom here, but your wonderful love and passion for a very loved cavalier. Please feel you can come here to share your feelings any time, and maybe later on, you'd like to create a special thread for Pixie in the In Memoriam section, with some more pictures, when you feel ready to share her further with us.

No one should have to go through what you all have gone through.

Oh I am so very very sorry to hear of Pixie's passing. As others have said I came into work this morning hoping against hope for another tiny improvement. My heart goes out to you and your family at the moment. You are all in my prayers.

Run free at the bridge little angel. *ng*l

This is such sad news for you and your family.
I know the circumstances are rare and unusual but you must remember that although she had a short time with you, it was a wonderful happy time and when compared to those dogs who suffer difficult lives through neglect, your little angel was loved and knew what it felt like to be part of a family who adored her.
This reminds me of when we lost our labrador Bruce,trust me, every family who's ever had dogs, has had at least one tragic loss.Bruce was kicked by a stray horse who wandered into our front garden,when he went to investigate he was killed almost instantly.
Allow your kids time to grieve and then go straight out and get Pixie (II).
Either get a rescue or hopefully your insurance will allow you the cost of another cavalier.Please don't let this tragedy put you off having another dog.I know the pain and upset is very raw right now,but the joys of having a dog in your life will far outweigh the pain of their loss.
Remember we're here to help you through this.
Sins

I am absolutely heartbroken reading about your tragic story and the loss of your beautiful Pixie. You should not ever have had to go through this pain, and I feel so terribly sorry for you and your family.
I too lost a cherished pup only a few months ago and am only too familiar with the terrible loss and feeling of numbness you are going through right now. Please, please dont beat yourself up with blame - and know that this is the outcome of a terrible terrible , unfortunate accident.
My thoughts and prayers are with you all right now.

Sleep in sweet peace Pixie xxx

Back