• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Is this any connection to spaying/seasons?

Louisma

Hi

how long after being spayed do the effects of a season go. We've had a few things happen in the last week or so that I think if Pippa my one year old Cavalier hadnt been spayed would have been connected to being in season...

1. Bob (cavalier) has tried to love her - he never ever does anything like that - he only ever turns his energy to eating grass!!

2. Barnie (cavalier)has tried to love her - I've never seen him try before but he has tried four time that I have seen.

3. She wet in the middle of the kitchen floor even though all doors are open - not something that has happened before (bar once when we first got her four months ago)

4. Last night she went and peed on hubbys pillow - never ever had anything like that before.

From what I know she had her first season in December and then we had her spayed in March so she would have been due another season about now wouldnt she? Could all or any of this behaviour be connected?

thanks everyone

I would take her to the vet. She may have a yeast infection and/or a UTI.

This happened with my cavs long ago, and the vet found India had a yeast infection that was attracting Geordie, even though Geordie was already neutered and India was already spayed.

As soon as the infection was cleared up, everyone went back to normal behavior.

That was my first though too, Cathy....uti. The only time Shelby has peed inappropriately it turned out she had one. Antibiotics and she was good to go in 24 hours.

How long ago was she spayed?

It sounds like a possible UTI, but also, she may be old enough that she is now interesting to the males. Neutered males will also try to mount and can tie with a female. Or they may be doing this for non sexual reasons,; it is simply a way dogs relate to each other and could easily be that she is the age at which they are now trying to sort out the in-house pecking order. Humping behaviour is often part of that.

Very rarely some tissue is left inside after a spay that may be causing the dog to go into seasons. For a lot of reasons, your best move is to get her right away to see a vet and explain all this. (y)

Back