• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Small brag about Daisy

Daisy's Mom

Hi Everyone,

I bought an agility tunnel with chute to use for fun with Daisy. It came in the mail today. I set the tunnel up and she immediately went and laid in it! That was a good sign. I said "Go through!" and she immediately went through and did it on command 3 times. Then, although I was afraid I was pushing it, I attached the chute and made it only about a foot past the end of the tunnel. She went through no problem. After several times of that, I unrolled it a little more, making sure it was open at the end. Again, no problem. After that, I unrolled it several feet and had my son hold it open at the end -- no problem. She went straight through it with absolutely no hesitation. I then got really brave and unrolled it all the way (I think it's 15 feet) but held the end open. She barrelled right through it like she'd been doing it for years, tail wagging and a happy smile on her face. After several times of that, I dropped the end and I couldn't believe it, but she plowed her way all the way through. I think she's a natural! Ten minutes and she was running through like an old pro!

She and I were both thrilled with it. I could stand at the first end and tell her to go through with a motion and then meet her at the end with a treat, or I could put her in a sit-stay, walk to the end, and then say go through after I had walked to the other end. Either way worked. It's like she knew exactly what she was supposed to do from the get-go.

I just had to brag about how smart she is! I think we are going to explore an agility class because she's so good.

Sounds like you've got a naturally born agility dog rip roaring and ready to go!! Way to go Daisy!!

Go for it! I think she's a natural! :lotsaluv: I've found the teeter and the chute are the most difficult for my cavs. You go girl! :rah:

Update: Daisy loves her tunnel and chute so much that she's walked all the way through it several times now on her own when we aren't even in the room! And she's walked down into the chute, laid down and gone to sleep! I took some pictures of her because it was so funny. Here are a couple where she was layingjust peeking out the end. (She woke up when I went and got the camera.)

2612739977_0d95042608_m.jpg

2613571612_8124c731c5.jpg

Back