PDA

View Full Version : Beautiful Tri in Sheffield Uk Pound

cavi lover
27th June 2008, 08:33 PM
I do some voluntary work at my local dog pound.I received a call from them today saying a tri boy had come in after being found tied up in a not so nice area of Sheffield.

I went to see him this evening. He has to serve his 7 days but I think it very unlikely his owners will claim him as he is in a terrible state.
It looks like he has severe dry eye leading to ulceration and total opacity of his eye.Teeth that can hardly be seen for tartar ,massively overweight and matts every where . They are so bad they sit horizontal to his body.
Inspite of all this he is as friendly as ever.
The pound have already said if not claimed he will need the expertise of rescue rather than re homing directly from there. If the owners do come forward it will be a prosecution case.

So I have been on the phone and there are a few possibilities. I may even foster him. I will keep you posted.
Send some good thoughts his way.Thanks

Daisy's Mom
27th June 2008, 08:52 PM
Poor boy! Why would someone have a dog and then let him get in such condition?! I hope his rescuers get him feeling better really quickly. And if you decide to foster him -- bless you! He deserves a break and it's great for him that there are people out there willing to give it to him. It's heartbreaking when these sweet dogs are treated so badly, but still love and trust humans in spite of their experience with them.

Louisma
29th June 2008, 07:47 PM
Oh I hope a rescue will take him on and if you foster him all the very best poor little fella shouldnt be left like that...

Good luck and I look forward to reading updates

Justine
29th June 2008, 08:54 PM
Keep us posted.Bless him.

Barbara Nixon
29th June 2008, 09:44 PM
There will defintely be a rescue place, somewhere.

littlelady
29th June 2008, 09:51 PM
ohh poor little fella, hope someone gives him a loving home.

lyndsea
2nd July 2008, 08:44 AM
oh the poor little boy, how can anyone treat their dogs like that? hope he finds a rescue place and a loving home soon.

Cavfan
2nd July 2008, 10:02 AM
Just dont understand how people can allow this to happen! Sheffields not that far from me so I will watch with interest what happens to this little lad!

cavi lover
3rd July 2008, 09:12 PM
Sadly still no news from the pound about this chap inspite of several phone calls by me today.

I will call again tomorrow.I will post here as soon as I know anything.

misty
3rd July 2008, 10:39 PM
oh dear, please keep us posted - been thinking about him loads today.

Fifer
5th July 2008, 12:18 PM
There will defintely be a rescue place, somewhere.

:thmbsup: BIG SMILEY!!!! watch this space

Claire L
5th July 2008, 05:12 PM
:thmbsup: BIG SMILEY!!!! watch this space

Congratulations! Can't wait to see pics :flwr:

Nicki
5th July 2008, 05:18 PM
:thmbsup: Oh paws crossed that the Spaniel Trust have sorted something for him...

Thanks guys :flwr::flwr::flwr:

Fifer
5th July 2008, 05:23 PM
Fran will post an update later - sorry to keep you all waiting :snap:

misty
5th July 2008, 05:51 PM
Sorry guys :).

Oscar as he is now known is safely in the care of The Spaniel Trust :) and we have the pleasure of rehab'ing him until he is ready for his new life.

I've been out most of the day collecting him, but have taken some photo's of when he arrived. I've since clipped him, so will post all photo's later.

For the mo, my daughter's crying out for me to take her to the shops, so I'll be back later :).

Nicki
5th July 2008, 05:58 PM
Well done Fran, thank you so much for getting this wee fellow out - we look forward to hearing more about him, and hope that once he's rehabiliitated, he can be found a lovely new home.

misty
5th July 2008, 06:59 PM
Here's Oscar - I'll let him introduce himself in a moment! Oscar will be having some 'rehab' and dental work carried out, as well as treatment for his right eye. He'll also be losing a few pounds (but don't tell him ;)). Once this has taken place, he will be looking for his forever home. He is neutered and will be 'chipped, vaccinated, frontlined and wormed.

Thanks to Julie and the staff who co-ordinate the Sheffield pound for allowing Oscar into rehab :).

Oscar has had a haircut this afternoon and looks very different now - will update later tonight or tomorrow.

Hello everyone :)

My name is Oscar and I'm a 4 or 5 year old Cavalier King Charles Spaniel.

My history is a little sketchy, but have a look at my pictures and them I'll tell you a bit about myself.

http://images.fotopic.net/y6rkqv.jpg

http://images.fotopic.net/y6rkqw.jpg

I was what humans call a 'poundie'. That means I served my 7 days in a dog shelter. Please don't judge me for that. Just because I was found tied up to a fence in a bad area, doesn't mean I wasn't loved and spoilt at some time.

I am rather curvy at the moment and I think that's great, but the vet says I could do with loosing a few pounds. Foster mum and dad agree. I've tried barking and howling at them, but they haven't opened the biscuit tin yet, so I'll have to think up another plan.

I have a whole lot of things going for me. I'm fine with other dogs and I have the waggiest tail in the world. I also like my foster sister Jennifer. I have also been neutered, which is a good thing I'm told.

Oooh, now do I have to tell you about my bad breath? Better had, I suppose! Well, don't worry about my halitosis, cos the lady vet is going to give me a dental really soon.

Even though my right eye is sore and runny, it doesn't get me down and foster mum will be putting drops in it. Then the lady vet will check me out again next week. The vet says it's dry eye which I don't understand, cos it feels wet to me :D.

Foster mum says I'm going to be hairdressed in a minute. For some reason she doesn't like my dreadlocks - oh well if I behave for the clippers, maybe she'll open that biscuit tin then. Paws crossed!

Enough for now - I'll be back soon.

PS: nearly forgot!!! I'm officially a Spaniel Trust Rehab Dog and if you're interested in me, the normal t's and c's will apply. But join the queue quick, cos all the staff at the vets are already in love with me. ;D

Claire L
5th July 2008, 07:22 PM
Hey Oscar :hug:you are a beautiful boy........dreadlocks and all :luv:
Well done to everyone involved in getting you into rescue :flwr:
Hope your eye feels better real soon and I bet before the night is out........some will give you a biscuit - you deserve one :lotsaluv:

Louisma
5th July 2008, 07:54 PM
Fantastic job in getting him out - I'm sure he will be feeling so much better now. He is gorgeous too!

misty
5th July 2008, 09:14 PM
Well, it's me, Oscar. Back to tell you all some more gossip.

Fostermum gave me a haircut - don't know why, it's not like I needed one! Anyway, there's only a fortnight between a bad and a good haircut. Here goes then - have a look at me now.

http://images.fotopic.net/y6ro19.jpg

http://images.fotopic.net/y6ro1d.jpg

http://images.fotopic.net/y6ro1e.jpg

Wish mum would straighten my ears up, but I got very bored!

Anyway I've had my dinner and very nice it was too. In the pound they gave me dry kibble and I didn't like it, so fostermum soaked my kibble to make it soft and tasty.

All the dogs are nice here, except Cazy is a bit posh and looks down her nose at me. Shame she's stuck-up cos she's quite pretty.

Oh, Bradley fancies me, but I told him I don't fancy him.

I am now relaxing after my dinner. I wonder if I'll sleep tonight. I'll let you all know tomorrow if you like.

Oscar

jld
5th July 2008, 09:42 PM
Oh.....he looks sooo much better. You are an angel. I bet he is so happy. Hope his eye gets better soon. Bless you.:lotsaluv:

Nicki
5th July 2008, 10:29 PM
Oscar you are looking stunning - much better for a haircut and I bet you are feeling much more comfortable too.

Glad that you enjoyed your dinner - the guys here will tell you that that is about the most important time of day other than :dogwlk:

They will also tell you that Rubies are ALWAYS stuck up!! Our TedBear is a bit like that too :jump: just don't tell him we told you!

I hope you manage to get some sleep tonight - we suspect you will, as it's been a long and tiring day for you. We look forward to hearing about it in the morning.

Justine
6th July 2008, 07:55 PM
Wow,what a difference.Nice to meet you Oscar.....

Cathy T
7th July 2008, 01:26 AM
Well hey there Oscar....I'd say you are one lucky dog now!! And boy do you look handsome with your new haircut. Bet in no time at all you'll be the most handsome dude in the neighborhood.

Excellent job everyone!!

JudyG
7th July 2008, 11:42 AM
Oscar you look so handsome after your makeover :lotsaluv:
Oscar looks very like my Maddy, a chunky Tri & very cuddly :luv: I look forward to reading about his re-homing as I'm sure he won't be waiting long! Good luck little Oscar & well done everyone involved in his rescue :rah: Judy & Maddy x

Karlin
7th July 2008, 11:59 AM
Oh wow, what a transformation with a nice trim and some tlc. Good job Fran; I look forward to updates! Hooray for the Spaniel Trust! :lotsaluv:

misty
23rd July 2008, 05:54 PM
I'm going to set up a new thread for Oscar (if that is ok, Karlin), so that it's easier to provide updates. :)