• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

barking in early morning...

emmawright

lottie has started a habit of barking in the mornings now, this morning she started at 5.30 am. she never used to bark like this and i dont think she is doing it to ask to go outside for a wee, as when we let her out she doesn't go for one immeditely. you would think she would stop after a few barks, but she will just keep going until we let her out of the kitchen. how can i stop her doing this - or is it normal?

Exactly the same problem with Dylan at the moment. He doesn't need a wee either, just goes to his food bowl, obviously enjoying his new food :rolleyes: I let him bark for ages today and I am making sure he is not fed till 8am or later. But he keeps waking me up early.

I suspect it may just be the early morning light and birds singing - it tends to encourage them to wake earlier.

Maybe try putting a blanket over her crate?

could be the light mornings waking her up, bluebell is silent, doesn't make a peep! lottie is more mischavious! they don't sleep in crates, they just share a bed in the kitchen, but i have moved the bed into the utility room, where it will be darker and hopefully we won't hear her barking as much!

I put a throw over Dylan's crate to darken it, he could breath don't worry, but he barked for ages 3 times during the night, I didn't get up. Tonight I'm tempted to let him have the whole lounge just so I can get some sleep. Oh actually I forgot, I did let him out to see if he wanted a wee but he just waited by his food bowl again. I snapped at him (I was very tired) to get to bed and he jumped up on the sofa and lay down really quickly and looked at me as if to say, "Can I sleep here Mum?" I put him back in his crate icon_nwunsure

Back