• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Kennel Problem

Chelle & Rex

We were away for the weekend and left our spoilt doggie into a kennel/doggie hotel we used once last year who offer a free collection/delivery service. (We usually leave him with another board member who is on hols at moment)
He was booked in from Wed evening until yesterday morning. When I rang on Wed I was told he'd be collected between 5 and 6 pm. By 7.30 still no sign of the driver so I rang again and was told he'd be there in an hour. 10.30pm the driver finally rang and said he was lost so I went driving and found him nearby - now I didnt get annoyed, traffic was bad on Wed and I though ah well these things happen.
Yesterday morning I was at work waiting for a phonecall to let me know the driver was nearby so I could rush home for a big cavalier hug and kiss. At 12.30 I still hadnt heard anything so I rang the main number and was told there was a mix up Rex was down for delivery back today. They said that last night was complimentary - their mistake and he'd be here by 10am today. I was a little annoyed but said nothing and thought Oh well its only one more night.

So today - waited again no call - at 12 I rang and was told they'd mixed up the details AGAIN and that there was no delivery service tomorrow as their vans are being serviced - they'd drop him back THURSDAY!!!!!!!!!!

At this point I got extremely annoyed - one mistake I can forgive but to be told my doggie wont be back until Thursday is ridiculous. They offered a reduced rate and a free groom as an apology.
I said this is unacceptable - my doggie was due back yesterday and forgetting to bring him again today is totally out of line. I said I wanted my doggie back today - yesterday was a "clerical error" but the same "error" again today is just a joke - then the guy who owns the business started screaming at ME when i said this. He screamed he'd drop him back tomorrow morning before we leave for work if we want him back so badly.........

I'm so upset mainly because I miss my little Rex - we've never left him for this long since we got him almost 2 years ago and because of the way that man shouted and screamed at me because of his mistake and unprofessionalism.

Sorry for the long rant Im just so upset right now :(.

:eek:

I'd be pretty stressed about that too.

Will you PM me who this was (privately only please -- don't want them named on the board)?

That is totally inexcusable!! He obviously has no clue about how much a pet means to a person. When I come back from vacation....I want my dog back now!!!

It is certainly not acceptable for him to lose his temper as if you are making ridiculous demands. In his place, I'd be driving him over, getting someone else to, or I'd hire a taxi for Rex if there was no other possibility. Or else very apologetically see of you wanted to collect him and offer a 50% discount on a future booking and a free groom. Basically he has added three more days to the period when you haven't seen Rex -- that's bizarre. One day I can understand, but that is ridiculous. You could always complain to Liveline. :badgrin: I can see from the link you sent me that he has had a lot of good free publicity. :neutral:

I would definitely be marching over there to collect my dog, and I would certainly threaten to call the police if they did not allow me access to my dog. Not returning the dog per contract is akin to dognapping in my book!

I'd probably also threaten to not pay given that you had to collect him when he was supposed to be delivered, bu then I'd probably pay just to be done with them.

Certainly, I'd never go back and I'd tell all my friends NEVER to go there.

Thanks for the replies guys :flwr:

If this kennel was closer I'd be there right now but its over 2 hours from where I live (and as the Irish members know the new driving regulations come into effect today so I'm off the road until I pass my test :rolleyes:)

Karlin we wont be leaving our precious doggie there again even if they offered a 50% discount on a future booking. The only compensation of sorts I was offered was if I waited until Thurs they'd bring the rate down to 20 euro per night instead of 30 but if we demanded he brought him back tomorrow that doesnt apply. He's now giving out at having to drive Rex back in his car tomorrow but as I pointed out he should have been home yesterday, then today - his "clerical error" caused this........

As for the free publicity - if you google said place there's nothing but good reviews and several websites have "stickies" recommending them.

You poor thing - you must be so stressed out. If I were you I wouldnt leave Rex with him for another hour, I would go straight to wherever they are and bring him home yourself.
That man had no right to scream at you - HE is in the wrong and you are the paying, trusting customer! :mad:

I hope you get your baby back soon :flwr:

oh my... i'm shocked! if it were me i'd be in a taxi to collect him, and make sure he got stuck with the bill. and i wouldn't drop it there either, people like that shouldn't be in charge of animals.

Wow I can only imagine how stressed you must be, I saw your status on facebook and was wondering what was wrong. I can't believe the guy yelled at you. Well I guess I can since I meed idiots like that everyday. Hope you get him home soon.

So sorry this happen..I'd be livid! and heartbroken not to see my baby when I was supposed to,these people shouldn't be looking after pets if they don't know how much they mean to their owners.

PS. could you pm me the name of the place as I want to make sure mine never go there!

He's still not back :(
He was meant to be back before we left for work at 7.30 this morning. We waited until 9.30 my OH had to go t work and I stayed here - I tried ringing and got no answer so I thought he's on the way. At 11.15 I rang the landline and the owner answered - I asked why my dog wasn't back and he said he didn't have to explain himself to me he had a personal problem to attend to.
Maybe he did but as I said a phonecall or a text message is manners, I am missing work sitting here waiting, he was extremely rude and said he'd be here in an hour (which is funny because the place is over 2 hours away.......)

He did say something that worries me a lot during the conversation - that he had 80 dogs to take care of this week :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

I'm hoping he'll be here around lunchtime. I will keep you updated

Chelle, this just isn't acceptable. As you said yourself, manners would dictate that he phone you at least. It is unbelievable how many mishaps, clerical errors and personal problems this guy has had this week. Can you drive over there yourself to collect Rex? At least that way you'd have him home. Sorry just remebered your driving licence thing. Well is your OH qualified 2 years? If so and Rex isn't home when he gets back from work, drive over there yourself and get your doggie back - or ring liveline and complain, I'd say that'd ensure a speedy return.

At this point, I would be doing anything in my power to get to that place myself. What if you get the runaround again today? I would not be waiting around there, I don't think they're going to bring him to you.

Get in the car/ train/ bus and go!

I would call the DSPCA and report this situation. I would also consider ringing Joe Duffy or Derek Mooney as this will require him to come on and explain why THREE days later he has not returned your dog! And I would call the guards and say the man has refused so far to return your dog to you and is claiming he has 80 dogs in kennels. Is the place LARGE enough to have 80 dogs? I would also sit down and calmly list each of the calls you have made and what was said during each, so you have a record, before you forget.

To me the 'mixup' story sounds like a line. I think he has way overbooked, cannot manage the dogs he has, and doesn't have the time to return him to you.

I would go get my dog, too -- maybe ring the guards or DSPCA first to go with you...

Well everyone he's home :D:D

I'm completely covered in doggie hair from all the cuddles and I've got a very happy dog.

I was given a full apology, an offer of a discount and free groom IF we ever used them again and I didn't pay for his stay.

I think what Karlin said is correct. They have too many dogs and are unable to cope. I'm just so happy Rex is home and safe, he was given a bath so he smells gorgeous and is delighted to be back home.

Thanks again to everyone for your replies :flwr:

Oh what a relief, I got myself all worked up over Rex. Give him a lovely big hug from me and one for you too :hug: :hug:

Back