PDA

View Full Version : HOMED: Meath pound: 2 female surrenders

Karlin
1st July 2008, 05:58 PM
I have phoned and left a message offering to help these; a three and a four year old, one has one eye.

If the pound will release them to me, I will need foster for both these dogs; both probably need to be spayed. I am away for work over the weekend but can get them both sorted next week if anyone can take them this week while I get them spayed? They could be separated of course though ideally would be kept together.

Karlin
1st July 2008, 06:05 PM
One already gone and the other 'has interest'. A bit concerned as they are not spayed to my knowledge. :(

Dublin
1st July 2008, 06:07 PM
Just saw them on the pets ireland site - so sad they are surrendered to the pound like that. They both look sweeties, sheme they havent been taken on together as they've allways been together obviously.

I think the pound gives you a voucher for 'cheap' neutering so hopefully the new owner will avail of that (I know when I rescued a dog from aston pound - long story - last year I was given a voucher)

misty
1st July 2008, 06:41 PM
fingers crossed that if they are homed from the pound, they go to the right homes.

Karlin
1st July 2008, 06:52 PM
I have been told this pound does give out vouchers which is good.

mishy
1st July 2008, 08:09 PM
Pictures of these two on the "Last Hope" website. The tricolour with the one eye is the mother (lost the eye in a fight with a cat apparently!). The blenheim is such a cutie. How could anyone surrender them into the pound and what a shame to split them up. Hope they go to loving homes:xfngr:

Karlin
2nd July 2008, 01:59 AM
People surrender dogs for many reasons. It is better they go to the pound than many of the alternatives that are there. I deal with many people who had planned to surrender their dogs to the pound and most often there are very genuine and understandable reasons and almost always they did not know there was such a thing as rescue.

The blenheim has been rehomed and there is someone interested in taking the other dog so these most likely are sorted.

Karlin
3rd July 2008, 03:56 PM
Both dogs homed; so just hoping they went somewhere safe. :xfngr:

Dublin
4th July 2008, 10:01 AM
Just saw both these dogs on the Drogeda animal rescue bebo site - both saying they need homes urgently

They were only added on their site last night