PDA

View Full Version : Its time for another Cavalier Training Day

TKC
2nd July 2008, 12:16 PM
We want to know the following from you all

- What day suits?
- What time of day suits?
- What would you like to learn?
- How long would you like the day to last?

Then we can put something together for you all plus the cavaliers that have come to DTI

Reply here

Karlin
2nd July 2008, 12:25 PM
wooooo hoooooo.....!

*Pauline*
2nd July 2008, 12:47 PM
It would suit me if you all came over to the UK and did it near me!! :rolleyes:

Hope you all have a great time and post lots of videos.

brid kenny
2nd July 2008, 01:12 PM
Excellent. Will try and get Pippa in this time. On hols 3rd to 8th August.

Louise1823
2nd July 2008, 04:02 PM
ooh sounds interesting - as my two have never been to any form of formal training - I'd appreciate any bit of manners that you could teach them! (or train me to teach them :))
Do they already have had to completed your basic training class for this or are novice's welcome?

amanda L
2nd July 2008, 05:04 PM
Hi Tara,

Alfie:paw:, Millie:paw: and Elliot:paw: want to know if they can book in....:jump: Elliot says agility, Alfie says clicker training and Millie just wants cuddles and treats:).

Sat or Sun is good for all of us, any time suits.....:cool:

Dublin
2nd July 2008, 05:14 PM
Sparky would love to come!

We're very busy at the moment with the wedding & everythinig but if we can make it we'd love to come!

Karlin
2nd July 2008, 05:47 PM
This is a taster class for obedience and anything else people would like touched upon. Generally DTI has done some basic obedience and a little agility and even dancing with your dog! We could do clicker, we could talk about grooming, feeding and health, we might get a photographer who could do portraits for those who want them? We can show some different harness models and they'd be there for purchase; etc etc.

You don't need to have done any classes before -- hopefully coming for the day will inspire people to do a full class though as you'll see how fun training is for you and your dog! :)

Mainly it's a big social event for cavaliers with fun training added in. Or vice versa. :lol:

Louise1823
2nd July 2008, 06:08 PM
That sounds like so much fun! I would love to go with my two if there is room for us. I think Millie would really enjoy agility (although we have never tried) but Chloe might be a little more hard work.
She is very nervous of strangers, loud noises and any large obstacles that are unfamiliar to her. Im trying to get her comfortable with as many situations as possible inside and outside home - but I think she would definitely benefit from having more interaction in a class type environment.
Any day at all would suit us!

coconut
2nd July 2008, 09:39 PM
OMG am i finally going to get to go to one of the days!!

TKC
4th July 2008, 05:23 PM
Ok so far we have

- Basic Obedience
- Agility Taster
- Clicker Training Taster
- Cuddles
- Equipment (harnesses)
- Health
- Photographer

So how long do you want it to be (hours)?

Nearly there .... :)

Claire L
4th July 2008, 05:58 PM
:jump: I'd love to bring my two girlies along. Hopefully my back will stay good :xfngr:

How does it work out if I bring two along? What do I do with one while I'm working with the other? I know that probably sounds like a very STUPID question but my two go everywhere together icon_nwunsure

Shelli
4th July 2008, 08:43 PM
:rah: I'd love to go to this. Bit of a journey for us but I'm sure it would be worth it. Could only go on sun/mon tho :xfngr:

Karlin
5th July 2008, 11:22 AM
If you bring more than one dog, then you need to be able to manage them without them being a distraction to the class (eg barking the whole time). This probably means crating one in the car while you work with the other, or having two people there so each has one dog. In the past the cost has been *per dog* as well, so that is one thing to consider too.

Claire L
5th July 2008, 05:22 PM
If you bring more than one dog, then you need to be able to manage them without them being a distraction to the class (eg barking the whole time). This probably means crating one in the car while you work with the other, or having two people there so each has one dog. In the past the cost has been *per dog* as well, so that is one thing to consider too.

I wouldn't fancy leaving one of them in the car so I guess I'll just take one along.

TKC
5th July 2008, 05:50 PM
So Sundays look good then?

Which is better for everyone?

13th July or 20th July

Tara

sallymum
5th July 2008, 08:16 PM
Just seen this now sounds good, can kids come to watch as well as my 8 yr is always with me with the dogs so i think i would be good for him to see how it works.

coconut
6th July 2008, 11:52 AM
either day, how much is it pre dog??

Karlin
6th July 2008, 01:04 PM
Maria (Mimi on the board) says she could possibly come up from Kilkenny on a Sunday to do photo session. :)

brid kenny
6th July 2008, 01:30 PM
Both days suit me.

Shelli
6th July 2008, 01:41 PM
Either day suits me too.

TKC
6th July 2008, 02:51 PM
Great will sort this out next week. Not sure about cost etc will work it out.

Everyone welcome. Cost will be per dog so you can bring anyone you want!

T

TKC
7th July 2008, 03:59 PM
How does this date suit everyone?

We have other weekends booking up so trying to reserve this one for Cavalier Workshop.

T

coconut
7th July 2008, 04:08 PM
I am meant to be going to longford v laois but i think i wanna go to this more! !

Karlin
7th July 2008, 04:43 PM
We won't be able to do pictures on that day as Maria's busiest day at her studio in Kilkenny is Saturday, but other than that the day is fine for me.

Sibealb
7th July 2008, 04:56 PM
OMG! would love to bring Fred and Judy to this! hopefully we'll be around will be watching the board with baited breath :jump:

Shelli
7th July 2008, 07:33 PM
I have to work on saturdays :cry*ing:

brid kenny
7th July 2008, 07:49 PM
That date is perfect for me.

Ste
8th July 2008, 04:57 PM
I'll have to check with the driver ;)

angelmommy
9th July 2008, 08:56 AM
It would suit me if you all came over to the UK and did it near me!! :rolleyes:

Hope you all have a great time and post lots of videos.
haha i second that :rolleyes:

Cleo's Person
9th July 2008, 11:38 AM
What a pity! I am at a wedding on the 19th :( Ah well! Hope you guys have lots and lots of fun - please take lots and lots of photos for those of us unable to attend!

amanda L
9th July 2008, 12:16 PM
That date is fine for us:)

Dublin
10th July 2008, 08:51 AM
Just booked in - will break the news to the Sparkster tonight!

Karlin
10th July 2008, 09:56 AM
I will have some reduced price CavalierTalk calendars available -- getting down to the last of the 2008 calendars now!

I will also have some information packs.

Chelle & Rex
10th July 2008, 01:41 PM
I'm annoyed I'm always away when the Cavalier day happens :(
Next time I'm DEFINITELY going!!!!

TKC
10th July 2008, 03:42 PM
Here is the link

www.dogtrainingireland.ie/workshop_cavalier_19072008.php

-leah-
11th July 2008, 08:26 AM
Sounds great!

Pity I won't be home for it...

Would love for Bailey to try out the agility...

Hope it goes well :)

coconut
11th July 2008, 12:39 PM
i am booked in who else is going?

Claire L
11th July 2008, 02:12 PM
i am booked in who else is going?

I've just booked myself and Minnie in :jump:

Cara will get to spend some quality time with her daddy :lotsaluv:

amanda L
11th July 2008, 05:13 PM
We've booked too:jmp2:

brid kenny
11th July 2008, 06:03 PM
Me too and Pippa!

Karlin
11th July 2008, 06:53 PM
All the usual suspects! :rotfl:

TKC
11th July 2008, 10:48 PM
Looking forward to seeing you all again.

There are 2 places remaining.

Would you like me to try and organise a photographer? I know your pal can't make it Karlin but I could try Tracy.

Sibealb
12th July 2008, 12:35 PM
We're booked in too! i think its safe to say Fred and Judy will be the bold ones at the back of the class, :lol: only joking ! really looking forward to the afternoon and seeing you all!:thmbsup:

coconut
14th July 2008, 08:41 AM
Wahoo cannot wait now to go!! Is there anything we need to bring?

sallymum
14th July 2008, 03:57 PM
Im going too. Cant wait. Now to decide what dog to bring.

TKC
16th July 2008, 10:13 AM
Required

You with a positive and open minded attitude to training your cavalier. Support allowed in the form of friends or family!
A Cavalier :)
Favourite Treats (although we do have plenty but if there is something your one loves)
Favourite Toy
Bum bag or treat bag so you don't have to hold your treats
Preferably a harness but normal Lead and Collar - lots of puppia's etc in the shop so don't worry if you don't have one

We never allow
Choke Chains
Prong Collars
Slip Leads
Harnesses that pinch, pull or rub
Aversives such as sprays, noise discs

What we expect
FUN FUN FUN and lots of enjoyable training time for you and your Cavalier!
It is best not to feed that morning. Or if you have a puppy or young dog you should greatly reduce the feed on that day to allow for treats as we will be working for quite a few hours!

Bring cameras if you wish. I will have one with me to take photos.

Should be great fun.

Cleo's Person
16th July 2008, 10:33 AM
Oh I wish I could go! I was soo looking forward to making the next cavalier day. Mark even said he'd drive us up from Cork! Am mad envious of you all. Hope you have a wonderful time - it sounds like great fun! Lots and lots of :snap: :snap: for us saddos who can't be there please.

TKC
16th July 2008, 06:51 PM
And that's it booked out now - we allowed a few more in!

I promise we will do it again very soon.

Dublin
16th July 2008, 07:29 PM
Required

Bring cameras if you wish. I will have one with me to take photos.

Should be great fun.

note to self - book hair dressera apointment for saturday morning!!!:snap:

sallymum
18th July 2008, 04:01 PM
Cant wait for tomorrow:)

TKC
18th July 2008, 09:22 PM
At the last count we have 17 cavaliers and that doesn't include Karlins so it will be a fun filled afternoon.

We also have some lovely cakes to go with the tea for the humans!

Karlin
18th July 2008, 09:25 PM
Mine never count! :lol:

TKC
18th July 2008, 09:29 PM
Lily counts for 3 LOL!

pippa
18th July 2008, 11:10 PM
Hope you all have fun..and maybe I will be able to make the next one.

coconut
19th July 2008, 07:09 PM
i have to say we had so much fun today and i am so looking forward to the next day ye hold!!!!

Ste
19th July 2008, 09:40 PM
Abigail enjoyed herself in her usual laid back fashion and was asleep in her carrier before we even left the carpark, no surprise there :)

On the way home Peter said he had met a woman outside with a really tiny cavalier, I think Pippa has another fan :D

Karlin
19th July 2008, 10:11 PM
I am watching TV next to a pile of exhausted cavaliers. Jaspar in particular has been nearly comatose. :lol: I'll put some pictures up tomorrow.

Claire L
19th July 2008, 10:13 PM
Here's a short video of PIPPA (http://s84.photobucket.com/albums/k37/poochpal_2006/?action=view&current=4cfec7c2.flv) :)
I got a great video of Jaspar doing his clicker work but it's too big to load on Photobucket :(

*The two puppies that you can see in the XPen are the one's mentioned in the breed rescue section*

Minnie is absolutely zonked :slp: I think she enjoyed herself. I was really proud of her today. She was scared but she kept with it :rah:
It was lovely to meet everyone, albeit briefly and great day out.

Thanks to all involved in organising today :thmbsup:

amanda L
19th July 2008, 10:28 PM
What a great and fun-filled afternoon with all the doggies :paw:, mine are all out for the count:slp:, Millie was asleep before we even left the training centre :lol:

coconut
19th July 2008, 10:50 PM
Here's a short video of PIPPA (http://s84.photobucket.com/albums/k37/poochpal_2006/?action=view&current=4cfec7c2.flv) :)
I got a great video of Jaspar doing his clicker work but it's too big to load on Photobucket :(

*The two puppies that you can see in the XPen are the one's mentioned in the breed rescue section*

Minnie is absolutely zonked :slp: I think she enjoyed herself. I was really proud of her today. She was scared but she kept with it :rah:
It was lovely to meet everyone, albeit briefly and great day out.

Thanks to all involved in organising today :thmbsup:

claire u can be so proud of her, she did so well she was really liking it!!! jasper was great to watch he was a brilliant at the clicker!!!:-p:-p

brilliant afternoon and i would love to do another day!!! Freddie slept the whole way home in the car!!!

brid kenny
19th July 2008, 11:10 PM
had a ball!! Was shocked at how well Pippa did at agility. WIll be enrolling her soon to a class!! Claire thanks for posting video!!I hope the cows are a bit more relaxed after she screamed at them during the break!!

Louise1823
20th July 2008, 11:25 AM
Oh Im so jealous I couldnt make it, sounds like you all had a great day.
:xfngr: I will get to to the next one.
Dying to see more pics and vids! :rah:

amanda L
20th July 2008, 11:33 AM
I hope the cows are a bit more relaxed after she screamed at them during the break!!

:lol: Pippa is just adorable:lotsaluv:

coconut
20th July 2008, 11:46 AM
:lol: Pippa is just adorable:lotsaluv:

i second that she is so cute, i thought that was so funny when she was going bad at the cow!!

pippa
20th July 2008, 01:38 PM
Sounds like you all had a great time...Really hope I can make the next one,might just bring Gus he could use some quality time with me...away from his little bothers, ooops meant to say brothers slip of the tongue... lol.

Sibealb
20th July 2008, 03:13 PM
Well done all in dti, it was our first and we really enjoyed the whole experience. very tierd doggies today!

Shelli
20th July 2008, 06:45 PM
I would have loved to go. Sounds like ye had great fun. Cant wait to see more pictures :snap:

Dublin
21st July 2008, 08:51 AM
Sparky had a great time too, he slept all the way home & then had a little play with Cass whenhe got home & then was comatose for the rest of the nigth & had a long lie-in yesterday!!

He behaved much better than expected - apart from trying it on with poor Freddie, Abbie & I think Pippa!! - note to self - book 'the op' por after the honeymoon!!!

Can't wait to see all the pic's everyone has - I of course managed to forget to bring my camera.

coconut
21st July 2008, 09:09 AM
Sparky had a great time too, he slept all the way home & then had a little play with Cass whenhe got home & then was comatose for the rest of the nigth & had a long lie-in yesterday!!

He behaved much better than expected - apart from trying it on with poor Freddie, Abbie & I think Pippa!! - note to self - book 'the op' por after the honeymoon!!!

Can't wait to see all the pic's everyone has - I of course managed to forget to bring my camera.

Poor freddie is still having nightmares!! :jump:f

TKC
21st July 2008, 09:38 AM
Thanks for coming everyone. It is hard to get so much into 3 hours! Any of you who have dogs over 1 year can skip the beginners levels 1 and 2 and go ahead into agility 1 if you want to since they all responded so well.

I am working on getting the tons of video and photos off the mobile now and will post here!

I am thinking we should do a part 2 or a set course for the Cavaliers only. For example you could have your own 4 week beginners course on any weeknight or Saturday. What do you think about that? If you want this then I would need minimum of 8 doggies to run it and to know what night (Monday - Wednesday) and what time (7 till 8 or 8 to 9pm) or Saturday 11am - 12pm.

Posting photeys soon.

Dublin
21st July 2008, 09:44 AM
Oh noooo poor Freddie!!!!!!! Sparky did love him though :lotsaluv: I am worried now that he is gay!!

Oh - I remembered the name of the cruise people we're going with - Royal Carribean - was that the same one you were on?

coconut
21st July 2008, 09:49 AM
ha ha :jump: i do think that about mine sometimes too!!!

No we went with carnival cruise line!! Royal carribean are fab u are going to have a ball!!!!!

Dublin
21st July 2008, 09:57 AM
:) I think it was all just a bit much for poor Sparks, he was just soooo eccited, like a dog with 2 tails!!!

Was so nice to see so many Cavs in the same room all getting on so well (maybe a bit too well in Sparks case though!!)

Can't wait for the cruise now - just wanna get the wedding outta the way & get on my way!!

Did they unblock you at work?

coconut
21st July 2008, 10:01 AM
ah sparky was so cute on sat he was so excited bless him!!!

The wedding will fly in and all u got to do is remember to enjoy ur day and defo enjoy the honeymoon!!

Did they unblock you at work?

yeah for the time being!!!