PDA

View Full Version : Cavalier at Limerick

Aileen
2nd July 2008, 07:10 PM
A young cavalier at limerick animal welfair
July 1st: Lucky, a young Cavalier King Charles Spaniel, has come into our care suffering from a horrible mange infestation. He has lost most of the hair on his body and his skin is inflamed, flaking and crusted. Lucky is also very thin. How could he have got into such a state? What happens now?
hope this is alright to put this here
----Aileen and the gang (Barney---Jazzie---Sam)

frecklesmom
2nd July 2008, 07:40 PM
Aileen, I went ahead and looked him up-what a sad sight and he has been so uncomfortable. Looks like a little Tri. Here is the page with pictures

http://www.limerickanimalwelfare.com/law/crueltycases.htm

Louise1823
2nd July 2008, 07:57 PM
I feel sick after looking at those pictures - I cannot believe how ANYONE could let a poor, defenseless little animal get into such a shocking state. Those pictures are so disturbing. :( Whoever has let this happen should be so unbeleivably ashamed of themselves.
I hope things start to get better for little Lucky very soon - he deserves so much love after what he has been put through.

rosiesmum
2nd July 2008, 09:51 PM
I was in tears looking at that. How on earth can anyone let a dog get in that condition - the poor thing must have been in absolute agony.

Hopefully the poor little thing will recover fully and find happiness in the forever home he deserves.

leesanlucie
2nd July 2008, 10:36 PM
:shock::shock::shock::shock: I am so shocked at the sight of Lucky!!

Disgraceful! I cant believe someone would sit and let an animal suffer like that.
Hope Lucky gets a forever home soon....with someone who will adore him for life!
Hope the wee soul gets better soon.:razz:

littlelady
2nd July 2008, 11:32 PM
I feel sick!! so sad for this dog!!! why oh why do people do this???!!!

Jasperxxgabby
3rd July 2008, 12:47 AM
Very upsetting and shocking sight. What sort of person could let their pet end up in such a state? Makes you so mad. At least the little fella will get all the help he needs now he's safe and sound.

Shelli
3rd July 2008, 12:52 AM
:eek::eek: That is shocking!!
:xfngr: Lucky will find his forever home soon :lotsaluv:

Mom of Jato
3rd July 2008, 12:57 AM
The poor little fellow- I can't believe people can do things like this to animals. :eek: I hope they can help him feel better soon, and place him with a loving family that he deserves to be with.

Nicki
3rd July 2008, 09:49 AM
Oh that poor wee fellow :(

If you carry on reading down that page, make sure you have a large box of Kleenex - it's so distressing to see all these dogs and know what they have been through.

I really admire the rescue and their volunteers - that deal with this, day after day, and keep going for the sake of the dogs.

If anyone is able to help, there are links to donate money, also if you read Reilly's story - not for those easily upset, it's very upsetting - underneath they say:

If funds allow, we are going to erect a plaque in Reilly's honour at our Sanctuary. It's important to remember all of
these heart-wrenching cases. We the public owe it to all these helpless creatures who suffer needlessly. If you can
help us with our aim to open our special memorial garden at our Sanctuary - by donating plants, flowers, plaques or
benches - or by donating to our Sanctuary Fund - please get in touch with us at the Sanctuary on 063 91110.

That might be a nice way to help - I'm sure if they manage to create a memorial garden, they might be able to get publicity and media coverage, which would help them greatly.

Noelle
3rd July 2008, 11:00 AM
OMG,i'm shocked after seeing those pictures,I hope the owner is found and prosecuted for neglect.There is no excuse for letting the poor dog suffer.Its
very upsetting to think some one could stand by and allow that.:(
Thankfully he is getting the care he needs now, i hope he finds a home with kind & responsible owners.:xfngr:

Justine
3rd July 2008, 12:03 PM
Found just in time,he woudnt of lasted much longer.We had a dog turn up on my doorstep in the same condition 4 yrs ago,hubby and i kept him at home and paid for all his treatment then we managed to find a home for him.

Lani
3rd July 2008, 01:30 PM
It makes me so sad to look at those pictures. Even his eyes look so sad.

Our Julie (Lhasa) was just like that when she was rescued last summer. I think the dogs can endure that because they know there is something better around the corner. Little Julie's skin took several months recover, but it did and she has a gorgeous coat now.

Little Lucky will get such a wonderful home and hopefully forget all about his past life of neglect ... I just know he will be treated like the little prince that he is. I wish he were in the US so I could adopt him!

Karlin
3rd July 2008, 01:49 PM
Limerick Animal Welfare, like all larger rescues that take in dogs from urban and rural locations, get a lot of dogs in dire conditions.

LAW also took in these cavaliers too: http://board.cavaliertalk.com/showthread.php?t=9054

Keep in mind LAW would always welcome donations no matter how modest to help defray the longterm costs of treating Lucky. :) There are donation links on their site.