• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Tybalt and the Amazing Technicolor Dream...Poop

nicoles94

My kiddo left a box of crayons out last night and guess who decided to see how they tasted?

I did not know this when I let him out this morning and couldn't help but to notice how colorful his poo was. It was interesting to say the least.:yikes

I went and checked the kiddos room and there was half a dozen crayons, scattered about her room, half chewed and half eaten.

It also colored his afternoon poo.

And his evening poo ever so slightly.

Wow.

I hope it's out of his system. And kiddo recieved a nice lecture about the importance of keeping her stuff up off the floor.:bang::xfngr:

Hope he's ok now {I confess my 12 year old also ate crayons as a puppy when my friend was lookng after him - fortunately it had no long term effects}

I hope that kiddo has learnt her lesson...on something that maybe is slightly less dangerous than other toys.

I bet crayons will be carefully watched from now on! :)

On a more serious note -- a parent really has to be the one that takes responsibility for keeping everything off the floor -- or supervises the child directly to make sure things are picked up and doors closed to rooms where the puppy/dog should never have access when unsupervised. Nicki's point is good -- a non toxic crayon probably isn't going to cause problems (but could easily cause a dangerous blockage if swallowed in chunks as the wax won't be digested). But a piece of lego, a toy action figure, a sock, a small ball -- all could potentially be fatal as they could block or tear open the stomach or intestines. This is one of the most common causes of death in the home, in puppies and dogs. Kids are too young and too forgetful to be in charge of keeping rooms and play areas safe -- it has to be the adult. (y) Dog ownership around kids under 12 really means 100% supervision of kids and the dog. :)

The same thing happened here! thank goodness ruby was ok! i tell the kids time after time i think they may listen now ruby chewed up in small pieces a very important letter from school!!

I'm thinking that cavs have a taste for crayons! :p Lola got to a red crayon and when she went potty, I found it and got a little scare! :eek: She was fine when I realized what it was. My kids got the same lecture and we now have a gate up by the playroom door!

Back