PDA

View Full Version : Hello Hello Hello

Rocky and James
8th July 2008, 10:44 AM
Hey everybody well finally after 6 years of wanting a dog i finally have one:D:D:D, yes he's a cavalier, 5 months Blenhiem and called Rocky:lotsaluv::lotsaluv: but i need some help as he is my first dog. It was his first night yesterday and he did alright, he was sleeping in the laundry and started to cry:( so i went and settled him and then he started barking so i put him in my room, what should i do tonight. thanks and its great to meet you all:)

Justine
8th July 2008, 01:48 PM
Hi,from Ireland.We have just got a new boy as well,he cried for two nites.we just let him cry,i new he wasnt in danger or hurt as you can tell from the cries out,so we let him to it and now hes ok as he knows we will be down in the morning.We have only had him for 7 days ,he only pood twice,he been brilliant.But its up to ypurself if you want them to sleep in your bedroom or down stairs.But as long as they are safe.

leesanlucie
8th July 2008, 03:35 PM
Hi and welcome! :p
Our dog Lucie is 2 and has always slept in her crate downstairs.When she was a pup we made sure we tired her out before bedding her down for the night and she cried for a few nights.Although i get my new pup in 2 days time and am dreading the nite times!Fingers crossed it doesnt last long!we put a snugglesafe in with lucie to keep her nice and warm...it seemed to do the trick.:razz:

jld
8th July 2008, 03:37 PM
When we got Dixie, we let her sleep in her crate in the bedroom with us. She never cried and slept all night from the very first night. I think she just felt secure knowing she was with us. We have always let our puppies sleep in the same room, but again that is just a personal choice. Good Luck and enjoy your baby.....

littlelady
8th July 2008, 09:02 PM
Ruby sleep's in the same bedroom as me, I wanted her too, she is very good all night and doesnt make a sound.

Shelli
8th July 2008, 09:53 PM
Hi & Welcome. Ollie sleeps downstairs in his crate. He cried a little the first night, but thats to be expected. I used to get up around 3am, bring him out to the toilet, give him lots of hugs and put him back in his crate. Now after 3 weeks he happily goes into his crate at bedtime and sleeps all night.

Jasperxxgabby
8th July 2008, 10:24 PM
Hi and icon_welcome if you decide for Rocky to sleep downstairs he will soon settle when he gets used to it after all it was only his first night, if you decide he can stay in your bedroom he will get used to that, you will have a sleep buddy for years to come:rah:. Both of mine sleep upstairs with us:o.

Rocky and James
9th July 2008, 03:10 AM
thanks for all the comments well last night he was howling like crazy so again i brought him into my room and thats were he slept.:) but mum said he's not aloud in my room so we went and got him a bed and im gonna really try tonight to get him to sleep in the laundry. and also even if i dont look at him he will wimper is this normal and will he get over it thanks:)