PDA

View Full Version : Raincoats and booties

nicola
9th July 2008, 10:32 PM
The weather here in N Ireland is absolutely miserable. It is raining so hard and Lady and Charlie hate going out in the rain and absolutely refuse outright to do their business outside when its raining. Instead they immediately come back inside and pee on the floor :eek: I have tried having a stand off with them where basically I stand outside and tell them to do 'pee pee' while they sit at the back door staring at me. This simply results in me getting soaked, eventually letting them back in and them then doing their business on the kitchen floor!! There has to be a solution. I am actually thinking of buying them waterproof coats and boots or an all in one waterproof trouser suit. I have puppia coup d'etat coats for them for the winter but as they are pups I bought them in bigger sizes that don't yet fit them and also, the coup d'etat are fleece lined and would probably be too warm for them in the summer. Also, these do not protect the legs and feet. Just wondering what others do. It is raining so hard here at the moment that I have to cage them for quite a while to let them dry out and by the time they are dry they need to go out again :bang: Has anyone got any particular recommendations for waterproof coats or suits and also boots? I have seen booties but was wondering if they would stay on? I know they wouldn't mind wearing coats as I have sweaters for them that they love wearing. Any advice/recommendations would be really appreciated!

littlelady
10th July 2008, 12:35 AM
Nicola, if you find anything let me know! my ruby wouldnt go out all day the weather has been bad here today! anyhows we ended up ruby done wee's and poo's upstairs and this isnt like her she has been excellant at going out for toilet, she hates this weather! im off to pets at home 2moz will have a look and let you know.

Melissa
10th July 2008, 03:37 AM
The only way I can get Maverick to go is to take him out on a leash and take him far away from the door... takes forever but I would rather be wet then have to clean my apt's carpet. I with you luck on finding a coat or something to be anti-wet.

Shelli
10th July 2008, 09:42 AM
Ollie hates the rain and also refuses to go out in it. As the weather has been so bad here lately I decided to buy a puppia rain coat and now he goes out no bother :jump: He still gets wet paws but that doesn't seem to bother him and I rather clean paw prints than wee off the kitchen floor ;) Hope this helps :)

angelmommy
10th July 2008, 02:00 PM
when its raining angel also refuses to go out. she gets all wet coz cavies have thick coats it kinda just drips around on her and she gets all cold and shivery so on rainy days i sit and wait for the rain to stop (if it doesnt stop i dont walk her) but it usually stops long enough for us to take a quick walk.

this is what happens when we get caught in the rain and she has no clothes on and she absolutly hates it she sits down shivers,,, cries and darn right refuses to walk lol i dont blame her though looking at this pic they get it hard with their long coats
ill add the pic later my laptop is being stupid

Rocky and James
3rd August 2008, 05:16 AM
I geuss im really lucky because Rocky doesnt give a stuff about the Rain and will happily go out.:thmbsup:

Cathy Moon
3rd August 2008, 06:12 AM
I wear a raincoat, boots, and carry an umbrella - and I go out with them. They can tell by my body language it's no big deal, but I'm sure if I didn't have rain gear my body language would be different and that would affect their reaction to the weather. When they come inside I have super absorbent dog towels to dry them.

I have had to carry Chocolate outside, or lure her with food. I'll do anything I possibly can to prevent indoor accidents. :rolleyes: I let her know it isn't optional!!

Halina
28th August 2008, 09:01 PM
Because my cocker spaniel would not go out in the rain, I bought Hali the Puppia aincoat and she has no problems going out. I also go out with her with my raincoat. As afar as the paws, she knows that when she is done she sits down in the garage and I wipe her feet... not a big deal. In the winter, same routine except she has a winter coat. I am surprised how much these dogs are affected by the weather. Does not tolerate extreme heat or cold. Such a baby.......;)

Moskat
16th January 2009, 02:07 AM
I geuss im really lucky because Rocky doesnt give a stuff about the Rain and will happily go out.:thmbsup:

Haha I agree here! Quentin actually takes a longer time outside when it rains, almost as if he likes it!

islewriter
31st January 2009, 08:56 PM
Kirra actually loves the rain and enjoys her walks in both the wind and rain :dogwlk: which we have in abundance here on Mull.

I bought Kirra a wax coat - and this helps keep her coat dry, although her wee legs and paws are soaked - but Kirra always sits sweetly for her coat and harness to be removed and then her nice warm towel to dry her paws and feet.:luv::lotsaluv:

mellyjr
8th March 2009, 05:40 AM
It's been raining quite a bit in California this past month. I bought Benny two raincoats with hoods and Muttluks all weather boots. This has made going out in the rain much easier.:dogwlk:

islewriter
9th March 2009, 07:56 PM
Oh how wonderful, I do hope we shall see some photo;s.

I need to get Kirra another raincoat, as the one I bought was too small (and it was large size).

She still has her wax coat, although it is also looking rather small on her :( I don't think I should have placed the coat in the washing machine :confused:

So I shall have to keep a look out for a suitable raincoat supplier here in the UK