• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Hello

meandmyparticavy

I think I will take a quick moment to introduce myself. I have a Parti-Cavalier, spayed female, who is 2 years, 4 months old. She is adorable and I love her personalities, she is just like a little kid most of the time. I fell in love with Cavaliers when I was very young, (10 at the most) and always grew up with multiple dogs in the house. I always had large dogs growing up, (Collie, Newfoundland, and a German Shepard) and it took a little getting used to having a smaller dog. She is much easier to travel with, and before she was 6 months old she had over 6,000 miles on her. She loves car rides and going new places. In highschool I dog sat a Parti-Cav and told the breeder that if she did breed this one, that I would defenantly want one of the puppies. On my 20th Birthday I got a phone call saying Happy Birthday, Maggie May is pregnant! I was so excited and couldn't wait to get my little girl home. I was there when she was born, and traveled 300 miles (I was in College) just to feed her her first bite of real food. It was special and I enjoyed that so much. I was able to take her home and fell in love immediately. I enjoy having her and now that she is 2, I promised myself and her i would get her a sister, so now I am on the hunt for my next addition. At the moment I am back living with my parents but will be moving back to Florida once my house is finished. It will be great with a fenced in yard, and pool for the little ones to play in. This fall is when I will be moving, and I hope to get my 2nd Cavy before then, so she will be used to car rides as well. Thank you all for a great forum, I belong to many online for my cars and hobbies, but never thought to search for one for my Cavy. I am excited to have come across this forum and join the family. Have a great weekend!!!

She's really adorable. When you are ready to begin your search, a lot of us can help guide you to the kind of breeder who health tests their breeding dogs and makes sure to follow recommended protocol , to maximize the chance for healthy puppy/adults. By the way, both blenheim (the chestnut and white) and tricolor are referred to as parti colored as opposed to the wholecolors of black and tan, and Ruby. So your lovely girl would commonly be referred to as a tricolor Cavalier. I'm sure she'll love having a playmate.

Last edited:
Welcome! There's lots and lots of information on finding a reputable, health focused breeder in the Library section and you can also use the tag search or regular search for previous threads too -- and as Nancy says, there are many here to help send you in the right direction for a good breeder for a friend for your tri. :)

Hi and glad you found the forum. I had a bad experience with my cav. and a kiddie pool, she dry drowned, so unless you know your girl has no problems with water, be careful. You can look at the threads I posted when Pixie was in ICU trying to pull through to see how a kiddie pool cost my Pixie her life.
Your little girl is precious!

Back